Filterscript, and regular script difference..

Hello everyone, so I am kinda new to all of this, and I was wondering, what's the difference between filterscript, and a regular script, I mean why can't we just insert the whole code inside the pawn, and we have to seperate part of it?
I am sorry if it's the wrong section, but it really confuses me..thanks in advance.

you meant the Difference between a filterscript and a "Gamemode" i believe.
It's just always better to have all of the scripts in your main "Gamemode" instead of having many filterscripts.
less filterscript you have, less lag and better fps.

The gamemode is the main mode for your server. Filterscripts are used as "mini" scripts that can be combined with.

Personally, I prefer using everything to my gamemode and using only a filterscript with all the objects in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos
Посмотреть сообщение
The gamemode is the main mode for your server. Filterscripts are used as "mini" scripts that can be combined with.

Personally, I prefer using everything to my gamemode and using only a filterscript with all the objects in it.
That is probably the best way to go, FS's are useful but you should have a good reason to be using them!

Thanks everyone, so there's no real difference between FS and GM...just to cause lag I guess lol.

Well, it depends on you. Some people prefer using a filterscript with an admin system, a filterscript with a racing system etc..

And no, actually if the code was written efficiently you're not going to have lag problems.

It's better to not have your admin system in a filterscript, as it has the Register/Login system with it. Better to have it in your Gamemode.

I agree with what Konstantinos is saying just wanted to add one more thing. If you rely too much on filterscripts you'll end up writing code that should be in the gamemode instead of a FS. This causes some problems later on when you need to communicate between gamemode and fs although it's not that hard it gets messy. I just use hooking myself and include files basically when you use hooking your making a fs that gets compiled into the gamemode.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=166016

Don't ever leave home without this