SA-MP 0.3x R2 server update

ty very soo much i love all samp servers

Awesome., and great job.

Good work, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Niko***
Посмотреть сообщение
Awesome work,thanks to all SAMP Developers and Beta Testers!!!
Just updated, i hope that crashing problem will be sloved with update
No more ddos'ers for sure, not a single attack yet on a few major servers I know about so you're certainly safe.

Thanks
Good Works

An UDP attack can still take down a SAMP server if it doesnt have DDOS protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denom
Посмотреть сообщение
An UDP attack can still take down a SAMP server if it doesnt have DDOS protection.
A UDP attack does not knock down, just let the server over-loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvj7
Посмотреть сообщение
A UDP attack does not knock down, just let the server over-loaded.
A UDP Attack attacking a server with a 1GBPS+ Connection can take your server offline.

Wake up people, SA:MP cannot stop attacks. Just get better servers, ditch the DDoS Protection and create your own.

PS: This update has nothing to do with DoS/DDoS Attacks.

Cant wait untill knife bug fixed

Thanks For the update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruZz
Посмотреть сообщение
A UDP Attack attacking a server with a 1GBPS+ Connection can take your server offline.

Wake up people, SA:MP cannot stop attacks. Just get better servers, ditch the DDoS Protection and create your own.

PS: This update has nothing to do with DoS/DDoS Attacks.
Atacks DDoS are not made directly to the samp-server but the machine.
It seems that the server was offline, but it's still on but it is not possible to know whether or not it is on the machine that hosts it is overloaded. Once the atack to stop the server is already running normally. No need to turn on the server again.

Sorry for my english.

Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickvj7
Посмотреть сообщение
Atacks DDoS are not made directly to the samp-server but the machine.
It seems that the server was offline, but it's still on but it is not possible to know whether or not it is on the machine that hosts it is overloaded. Once the atack to stop the server is already running normally. No need to turn on the server again.

Sorry for my english.
You do know stopping a server during a attack is bad, right?

Well done.

Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruZz
Посмотреть сообщение
You do know stopping a server during a attack is bad, right?
Why is it bad? Sometimes denying the attacker of his target is an effective technique... If all else fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
Why is it bad? Sometimes denying the attacker of his target is an effective technique... If all else fails.
Well, most of the time an attacker's objective is to take down your server. If you take it down yourself, you're giving him a premature victory. (imo)

Edit:

Adding to the above, if the attacker has got a strong method of attacking your server, shutting down the server (and saving user profiles, preventing data loss) would be a better choice. The server would go down eventually anyway.

In the next update, take to work properly all the grenades.

think for update client

Thank you, very much