The trading of "admin" roles

What is up with the trading of admin positions on servers? On the "looking for" topic many people are offering it as a payment for mapping/scripting their server. Since when was an unpaid voluntary job a payment? Being admin is something you do when you really appreciate a server and want to use your spare time to help it out. I even see people letting players be high level admins or co-owners for real money. Who is actually accepting these as valid payments anyway?

Man you totally stole my words, you do have point, but, money rules the world, we can't do anything about it. Some people want things in return, so what they do is simply requesting help and offering a staff position in return. Which should be the opposite, the staff members are supposed to do this as a volunteer job to help the server.

However, most players see the servers as "admin-position-giving-machines". So they act that way.. They join the servers not for fun, just for a staff position.

I wish everyone thought the same way like you.

Simple, people like to have power over others.

If you can afford it you can pretty much buy your way into most servers! Before SA-MP was about the fun part, now it's just about making money for all those 12 year old owners to go and spend on sweets or what ever they buy these days..

because 14 year olds and powertrips etc

Any server offering admin jobs like this arent worth playing on. The admins then clearly see their role as "fun" and will play around with the cmds rather then doing anything useful. They also dont last long, so its really a pain if you spend hours for scripting and then the server shuts down because the main admin cant handle it.

i iz r script 4 moar works

in all seriousness...it's usually roleplayers roleplaying businessmen...

Anyone who thinks that being a real admin isn't hard work is a simpleton.

Anyone who thinks its good to give people more work (admin) in return for doing more work (scripting) is a f--king idiot.

Having a "donate for admin" system is a sure-fire way to have a server full of shitty admins. Admin powers should ALWAYS be earned, through a program that carefully recruits real admins. IMHO a 'pay for admin' system is a big sign of a corrupt staff who is only in it for the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyone who thinks that being a real admin isn't hard work is a simpleton.

Anyone who thinks its good to give people more work (admin) in return for doing more work (scripting) is a f--king idiot.

Having a "donate for admin" system is a sure-fire way to have a server full of shitty admins. Admin powers should ALWAYS be earned, through a program that carefully recruits real admins. IMHO a 'pay for admin' system is a big sign of a corrupt staff who is only in it for the money.
Exaxtly, most 12 year olds that are admin cant even handle being an admin! They fool around and ban people, but some people view it as fun...they are dead wrong, its alot of work, and little fun.

I'd personally never ever join those kind of servers.
But it's fun reporting them to server's owner and see them get demoted.

EDIT: Just adding..

If I had a server, I'd never create a VIP/donation system because I want them to enjoy on my server without paying anything to use any commands/features(it gives MORE fun to other players). Also, that's my server, so I'm the one who should pay for the host. Not players. (No matter how much it costs)