MP Mod

Hello everyone, me & my friend have a dream to make a multiplayer mod for any good game. if you can help me how i can create a mp mod for games ? what i need for that ? and write a basics.

thanks.

Learn multiple languages + the language that the game is written in first.

Most of the time to make an MP mod you need to reverse engineer the game then build up the MP mod from that..

If the game in question isn't open source then you will need to - as said - reverse engineer. As I see it, reverse engineering is far beyond any normal programmer's knowledge. You will need to learn Assembly as well as a generic language(s) for the server and clients. If I recall correctly, the SA-MP server is written in C++, the client in Delphi and some hard coded parts in Assembly.

However, judging by your user name (1998? 15 years old?) and your general writing style I would be surprised if you understand the hexadecimal or binary number system. If you want to put this through, I suggest going for an IT related branch when/if you go to college.

If you have to ask, then you are NOT capable of doing it.

Samp uses raknet. This practically gives you a ready network interface. You just need to create game function linkings then.
Theres no general tutorial for this, you better dont try if you got no little idea yet.

The first thing i would focus on, Is getting a group of friends that know how to do this type of stuff. And then decide what game you want to do it for. Will you have one mass server for everyone? Or will players beable to run their own servers as in SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon555
Посмотреть сообщение
The first thing i would focus on, Is getting a group of friends that know how to do this type of stuff. And then decide what game you want to do it for. Will you have one mass server for everyone? Or will players beable to run their own servers as in SA-MP.
But, I doubt that his friends will know how to do this, especially since he is only 15 (what we think), You would need to know multiple object oriented languages, as well as understand how multiplayer works in general. There is no "tutorial" to make a mp version of a game, as it is complicated work, takes 100's of hours(only for basic game/little features) at least and usually goes into the tens of thousands (for updates and so on), and a team of developers, and troubleshooters.

i know, it need to write in c++ or other languanges but, I wanted to tips..

thank you all!