How do you test your script?

Yes, call a friend would be a good idea, but he will be certainly annoyed as you go AFK every 3 minutes for fix or improve the script you're testing.
What do you do in this case?

I guess you can also test your script by connecting NPC's and when you send them client messages, just send them to playerid so you see that they are passing thru. There are loads of ways and it depends on what kind of things you are testing. However, I believe that you can test most of the things yourself, just need to think on how.

I have 2 laptops. Both have samp installed.

Virtual machine with gta running, but I'm trying to switch to Y_Less's unit tests

I usually have a "dummy" NPC that is connected only if constant "TESTING == 1" and is assigned an ID to a variable, similar to Cypress' method.

The good way to test your code is not ONLY testing if they work, but to try to NOT make it work! Try messing with your code, put yourself in the shoes of a malicious person trying to find an exploit. Break your own script first, and nobody will break it again later.

@Y_Less: I meant your y_testing - unit tests are awesome in every field (github integration with travis telling if specific commit will not break anything is really superb). I've wondered if we could build something similar for pawn over git to allow unintrusive collaboration.

I use my beta team or I do it myself.

well my friends always help me testing and even the staff members.

http://sandboxie.com/

You can run two instances of gta with this program, depending on what you're testing that can come in handy in most situations.

I used to have a laptop which had samp installed by my side but not anymore, I just get some friend to connect to my server. Im gonna try sandbox that random123 recommended.