Ideas for gamemodes

I recently read a thread by Kar regarding the lack of ingenuity when it comes to gamemode development for SA-MP and I share his sentiments. If you look at the Gamemode Scripts section, there is page after page of roleplay, deathmatch and freeroam/stunt gamemodes that are all extremely similar and usually, in my opinion, poorly designed. I'm planning to post a well-thought critique regarding this soon and in a separate thread.

So, I thought it'd be interesting to hear gamemode ideas from the community. Go ahead and post ideas for gamemodes that you'd like to see and that you'd play, and include as much detail as possible. Try to be creative and original, keep in mind the technical limitations of SA:MP, and if possible, try to think of it from a game design perspective. What's the purpose? What's the primary production value of the gamemode? How will you appeal to the desires of potential players? Will it work even when there are only a low amount of players online?

Ask yourself these kinds of questions and let's see if you can come up with a solid idea for a gamemode using your intuition. Be detailed and specific when putting forward your idea; vague anecdotes of your ideal gamemodes are easy to come up with and are frequently thrown about on these forums. One last tip; try to structure your idea well, rather than writing in one single block of text. It makes it easier to take in. Use paragraphs and headings if possible.

For the more technical users of this forum such as scripters, it'd be interesting if you could chip in with considerations on how proposed features could be achieved. However, everyone should feel free to discuss proposed ideas or one of their elements, suggesting amendments and additions or giving constructive criticism.

I'm not making any promises here but if we manage to come up with any really solid, good potential gamemodes, I'd be happy to assist in actually producing them. Even if you have no scripting knowledge but have a really good idea for a gamemode that you'd like to develop, I would be happy to help you along the way and teach you as you develop the gamemode. I'm sure some other scripters would also be willing to help with this. Anyway, let's get going.