[Tutorial] How to change your skin with just one command!

I know this is basic scripting, but I'm sure it will help someone who's just starting out.

Ok, first things first, open Pawno and find "OnPlayerCommandText".
Code:
public OnPlayerCommandText(playerid, cmdtext[])
Once you've found that, it should look like this:
Code:
{
	if (strcmp("/mycommand", cmdtext, true, 10) == 0)
	{
		// Do something here
		return 1;
	}
	return 0;
}

Ok, now we've done that you're going to need to know the ID of the skin you're wanting to use - Link to a list of all the skins availabe in sa-mp: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Skins:All

Once you've found the skin ID you're wanting to use, make note of it and continue below.

Look carefully:
Code:
{
	if (strcmp("/mycommand", cmdtext, true, 10) == 0)//Where it says "/mycommand", I suggest changing that to "/skin", this is the command you're going to type in-game to make your skin change.
	{
		// Do something here //This is where the scripting function will be going, here you need to write SetPlayerSkin(playerid, SKIN ID HERE);
		return 1;
	}
	return 0;
}
Finished example:
Code:
{
	if (strcmp("/skin", cmdtext, true, 10) == 0)
	{
		SetPlayerSkin(playerid, 264);//This will change your skin to 264, which is the clown skin.
		return 1;
	}
	return 0;
}
Hopefully that helped some people, thanks for viewing.

You didn't eplain that much. Anyway I would like to know what does this mean:
pawn Code:
What is the: cmdtext, true, 10) == 0) ?
Mind explaining?

/skin is not 10 characters long

This a tutorial on how to change your skin, not what everything does with-in a script. I'm no expert myself.

The 10 is the amount of characters, yeah - not charecters. You can change that number to five or anything above and the command will work just fine to my knowledge.

I think this tutorial shows what the title says just fine, thanks for taking the time to read and reply though.

Honestly I dont find a point of this tutorial. You've made a whole tutorial for such a basic thing which requires no effort to learn from the wiki.

I was bored and thought someone might find it handy, which I'm sure someone will.

Hmm, well I suggest that you should update your tutorial to something like, /skin ID, isn't that hard to accomplish this with sscanf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnLGaming
View Post
Code:
{
	{
		SetPlayerSkin(playerid, 264);//This will change your skin to 264, which is the clown skin.
		return 1;
	}
	return 0;
}
The lenght of /skin is not 10. You should change it.

This tutorial could have been good. Very Basic. But why not show people how to actually change to any skin. Instead of having a set skin. Example: /skin <skin id>

Nice tutorial. You could improve it by explaining it a little more and also showing people how to chose whatever skin they want in a parameter.