Issue with MySQL (Data Insertion)

Hey guys,

I recently picked SA:MP scripting back up out of boredom, so I decided to do a 100% scratch roleplay server; however I have ran into a small (but severe) issue. I have my MySQL database completely configured, however it's not letting me insert data via script. I have displayed the code below, I cannot figure it out, personally. It's connecting to the database, it's just not inserting data:

pawn Код:
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    new playerName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
    GetPlayerName(playerid, playerName, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);

new string[256];
    format(string,sizeof(string),"GET * FROM bans WHERE `pName` = '%s'", playerName);
    mysql_query(string);

new result2[128];
    new result3[128];
    new String[128];

mysql_retrieve_row();

mysql_get_field("pName", result);
    mysql_get_field("pReasonBanned", result2);
    mysql_get_field("pBannedBy", result3);

if(strval(result) == 1)
    {
        format(String, sizeof(String), "This account has been banned for the reason of: %s", result2);
        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, String);
        format(String, sizeof(String), "Your account was banned by administrator %s", result3);
        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, String);
        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "This ban is permanent, you can appeal on our forums:");
        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "http://www.countrylife-rp.comyr.com");
        Kick(playerid);
    }

else if(strval(result) != 1)
    {
        new query[128];
        SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "You are not banned, for testing porposes, you have been banned");
        //format(String, sizeof(String), "INSERT INTO bans (pName, playerBannedBy, playerReasonBanned) VALUES('%s', 'JunkBuster', 'Test Ban')", playerName);
        format(String, sizeof(String), "INSERT INTO `bans` (`pName`) VALUES('%s')", playerName);
        mysql_query(query);
        print("Player banned for bug testing!");
    }
    return 1;
}
Any help will be appreciated (and +rep'ed if you actually explain my mistake to a degree where it'll be difficult for me to repeat the mistake)!

Thanks,
Nmader

First it's SELECT not GET. As for the insertion, you're formatting the variable String with your query but you execute a blank query query.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperViper
Посмотреть сообщение
First it's SELECT not GET. As for the insertion, you're formatting the variable String with your query but you execute a blank query query.
I just fixed those two things, and I still receive this:
pawn Код:
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0003 sec )
when I check phpMyAdmin, it's not inserting the data for some reason. :/

Bump, does anyone have any idea why the data's not inserting with my new code?