[Guide] Starting a Game Hosting business

Deleted.

Posted in wrong section sorry pleas move this to General Section.

It's a nice guide, definitely should be used by serious people who want to start companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdaman
View Post
It's a nice guide, definitely should be used by serious people who want to start companies.
Serious people will not take advice from a kid on the internet.

you cant just rent a server and call it a legitimate company

You need experience in business foremost, computer engineering as such renting a server wont get you anywhere, you must fund the $5340583 into a VPS/dedi and just limit the specs

There are enough no-name hosts, we don't need more.

This guide is useless, you have given very BREIF deatils on starting the company, whats the pro's of the expensive servers; the con's of the cheaper ones.

Also to my eyes a host should NEVER consider using a VPS...

Anyhow lets get to my main point, starting the company is the easy part!; the hard part is dealing with customers, building a name for yourself. Making your self known, however not known as a stupid company...

I say this from the experiance of running one, however this company was invite only and worked with the servers not just charging them rent for the space on the dedi. That however makes no difference as the same principles apply, I started working with people I knew; friends who then said "It's and invite only host, go have a word with him" building my base of people who used me to host up.

However when something goes wrong you have to be professional, starting a company as you said above i disagree with some points; also if someone was to need to read this thread to start the company... They shouldn't own one.

I'll make sure to use this in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMastez2464
View Post
Posted in wrong section sorry pleas move this to General Section.
No, you've chosen correct section. But the guide isn't good.

If you have to read a guide to start a hosting company then you shouldn't start one