Laptop overheating

Hi,
I know this is not a hardware/software helping forum but I need to solve this ASAP.
I bought a laptop last year (November) and in the last months it overheats really quickly.
It's an HP Pavilion dv6 with: i7, 8gb ram, 1tb disk, nvidia gt630m

With charger: Reaches 80є playing COD4 in 2 minutes, turns itself off in 20 minutes with 105є.
Without charger: Doesn't overheat at all, stays at 60-75є.

I changed the processor usage with battery and without battery but it still overheats.
Please, any help is welcome.

Get yourself one of these..

This problem happened to me too when I had an HP Pavillion.

My friend has the exact same laptop and bought it around the same time and it turned out that all those laptops that were manufactured had that exact problem. Go to the store where you purchased it and they'll give you the newest model.

My old hp laptop always ran hot. I just ended up taking it out to the garage and blowing the fan out with compressed air to get the dust and crud out and it helped a decent ammount.

If you're comfortable doing so, take it apart. You will likely find dust or pet hair (if you have pets) blocking the air vents. I had this issue and after awhile ended up just buying a USB laptop cooler for like $10 from Walmart. It works wonders in keeping my laptop MUCH cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
Посмотреть сообщение
Get yourself one of these..

This problem happened to me too when I had an HP Pavillion.
^will solve your problem.

I've got the exact same problem. I'll go and buy a cooler for $10 sometime.

Put your laptop in the refrigerator. It will cool it up a bit.

I had the same problem with my laptop,
I buyed a coolpad and problem is gone!

The problem is...I already have a cooler.
Actually its the second I buy and the problems is still the same