Server advertisements add "RPG" class

Hello, I strongly believe there should be an "RPG" option in the menu where you select what type of server you have "roleplay, other, etc". At the moment RPG is what SAMP needs. There is a bit of a lack in them, and 95% of these "roleplay" servers popping up every day should be considering to reclass themselves as RPG servers. Right now I think RPG have to either use "Other" or take on the roleplay title which is a pain in addition to the already many roleplay adverts. So please add an "RPG" option, RPG is a major gamemode in SAMP and deserves its own option.

I support this idea, however most servers claim to be roleplay and classify their level under three main one's '' Light, Medium, Heavy ''. I do not support these classification's existence, its supposed to be that either your server is a server that strives for the highest amount of realism or an RPG server in which roleplay'ing is recommended but not enforced.

99% of roleplay aren't RPG. But I agree that this balise is missing

Would be good for RPG servers indeed!

Agree !!!

Role-Play: "To assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), especially in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction"

Isn't that what most RPG servers are?

Originally it was going to be named "RP", but the reason it is "RolePlay" instead is because we figured that "RolePlay" would include both "RP" AND "RPG" servers.

It's really the same damn thing, just be happy that anything was added at all.

isn't it the same bloody thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0diusxodius
Посмотреть сообщение
I support this idea, however most servers claim to be roleplay and classify their level under three main one's '' Light, Medium, Heavy ''. I do not support these classification's existence, its supposed to be that either your server is a server that strives for the highest amount of realism or an RPG server in which roleplay'ing is recommended but not enforced.
I know what you mean, I'm Pal by the way. The thing is SAMP has a horribly diverse classification of "roleplay". If it were up to me the vast majority of these "roleplay" servers would be re-named to RPG, but the problem is people don't just join a server like LSRP or Southland with immense roleplaying ability, it takes weeks or months to become an "average" roleplayer and sometimes its better off people join servers like "medium" roleplay (low quality in my opinion) just to learn the basics like roleplaying terms and what roleplaying is about.

RPG and roleplay are completely different.

RPG - A gamemode where you log on, there are basic rules like "Do not deathmatch" but the main aim is to level up, get the most money, own the best houses/cars, and eventually become the most supreme player you can ever amount to (e.g. level 99 with all the best houses, cars, businesses, etc). RPG is at the same level of a stunt/freeroam or party server. There are no rules like "metagaming" or "powergaming", just don't DM because it screws it up, and otherwise just gain levels through the activities on the server.

Roleplay - A gamemode where you're supposed to be emulating real life, e.g. Southland Roleplay is trying to portray a modern American city to the highest of realism.

They are completely different GMs and considering there's already a ridiculous amount of roleplay servers, RPG should have their own tag.

there's a useful prefix called [Other]