Why SA-MP have LAG?

Hi. I Want to know why SA-MP have LAG. If you shot in a running player, the player will not take any damage. Only if you shot in front of him, he will take damage, Is the same for vehicles. Why SA-MP have this LAG? Please, fix it in the next SA-MP version, thanks.

Can't be fixed. AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleejay
Посмотреть сообщение
Can't be fixed. AFAIK.
MTA doesn't have that lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcId n RaPiD
Посмотреть сообщение
Fu** MTA.

SA:MP Sync isn't perfect yet you can use OnPlayerGiveDamage callback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Посмотреть сообщение
Fu** MTA.

SA:MP Sync isn't perfect yet you can use OnPlayerGiveDamage callback.
Exactly, so that way we can have 2 ways of playing SA-MP, with skin-hit or with normal lag which is great.
The SA-MP hitboxes have to do with the netcode, but ever since OnPlayerGiveDamage callback has been introduced we can have perfect hitboxes although there might be some visual deficits on wether the bullets hit the skin on the attacked player's screen.
Still it's a great solution, specially for RP servers where ping differences are very frequent and those differences are often big.

Why does the sound of an airplane take awhile to get to you, even though it has already flown over your head...? Because the sound waves are slow.

The same thing is the case here; not everyone has amazing Internet and therefore, there can never be "perfect sync." So, why worry about it?

Even if the net sucks for someone, theres network coding that can be done to compensate that delay. That's what's called lag compensation in which you can find in several games like Call of Duty series, Counter-Strike, etc.
This is done better or worse on the game. However, such thing for some reason doesn't fit very well in GTA:SA, but it's just my opinion.

Lag compensation was proposed and discussed in this forums already, and we got to the conclusion that it would be better to leave it as it is, and then Kye brought the OnPlayerGiveDamage callback so if anyone wishes to have skin-hit syncro on their server, and with that callback you can even "edit" the weapon's damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleejay
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, what he said.
Right, fuck it. Instead of trying to make it at least as good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Why does the sound of an airplane take awhile to get to you, even though it has already flown over your head...? Because the sound waves are slow.

The same thing is the case here; not everyone has amazing Internet and therefore, there can never be "perfect sync." So, why worry about it?
I Agree to this!

It is possible to fix, but you need to use the OnPlayerGiveDamage callback and with a bit of math, you can accomplish it (but it'll be a bit buggy). I played on a server that removed lag shooting before.

And must I remind you, there is no "perfect synchronization" in any game. A lot of games have this problem, you just have to shoot at their lag spot which is sometimes difficult to determine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcId n RaPiD
Посмотреть сообщение
This isn't MTA, this is SA-MP. MTA has too much GUI and advanced shit that nobody needs, which is why there are more players in SA-MP because people enjoy the vanilla GTA:SA better (without any fancy ass graphics) and it's EASIER to install and log onto servers with SA-MP. I personally enjoy lag shooting because if there was no lag shooting, players would be easier to kill and DM would be difficult and boring.