New project

So... i want to make a samp server from scratch. Currently I've finished my login system, and that's where i got stuck. i have no inspiration at the moment. All i know that i want to make something unique. Also: NO RP SERVERS. I have experience with RP servers, and i know that i won't make it far with them. Why not may you ask? Of course, there are allot of RP servers that are unique, but the thing is: Who doesn't have a RP server? I can start scripting one, make it unique, but it will take ages for the player-base to rise up to 10, or even less. I was thinking about a TDM, but i don't know about it yet. So anyone could give advise, based on their experience or whatever, what kind of a server to make?

And if you didn't read properly:

NO RP SERVERS

// ThaCrypte

Team Deathmatch would be damn cool. I used to work on an Civil War Team Deathmatch, but that project ended when my laptop got stolen.

Maybe you could do something with an war that really happened? Like WW I/II or Vietnam or maybe the French revolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Team Deathmatch would be damn cool. I used to work on an Civil War Team Deathmatch, but that project ended when my laptop got stolen.

Maybe you could do something with an war that really happened? Like WW I/II or Vietnam or maybe the French revolution?
That was actually where i was thinking of haha :P World War 2. But then there would be like 6 teams, and it would be 5 VS 1. So yeah.

Also, to bad about your laptop, that's why i code on my PC my laptop = for school purposes only.

Well back then my pc was completely trashed so I had no other chooise. But if you do a civil war team deathmatch, you can work with forts and such, wich would be cool.

But if you go with WW II, you could just make every map a different battlefield, such as Pearl Harbor(Where the japanese are all in Rustlers and the Americans are with bazookas and normal guns on one big ship/docks)
And maybe even dogfights(two airports with Rustlers from a distance of eachother)

The possibilities are endless! Though difficult to code..

hey am down to help out with this project
You can have my word bro i will try my best

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well back then my pc was completely trashed so I had no other chooise. But if you do a civil war team deathmatch, you can work with forts and such, wich would be cool.

But if you go with WW II, you could just make every map a different battlefield, such as Pearl Harbor(Where the japanese are all in Rustlers and the Americans are with bazookas and normal guns on one big ship/docks)
And maybe even dogfights(two airports with Rustlers from a distance of eachother)

The possibilities are endless! Though difficult to code..
Not really hard to code, but yeah... i think i will spent more time on mapping then coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyBeast
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, you could help me out at first, by giving me a idea for which kind of a server i should make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCrypte
Посмотреть сообщение
Not really hard to code, but yeah... i think i will spent more time on mapping then coding.
Bro. You do the coding. I am getting my ass back behind the map-editor!
I'm willing to help you out with this project, just PM me with the maps you need, where you need 'm and such details.

Umm like he said td But make a A TDM with call of duty and we can try to make it unique as possible i have all day i work 3pm- 10pm but i carry my laptop to work so i can have all the time i know scripting but i haven done it for a while because my computer was also trash now i got a ultrabook some i am ready if you remember a professional script TheLazySloth yea i learn from him Michael Kilpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLonelyBeast
Посмотреть сообщение
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Bro. You do the coding. I am getting my ass back behind the map-editor!
I'm willing to help you out with this project, just PM me with the maps you need, where you need 'm and such details.
Would be awesome . I might first need to look at a few documentary's again. I was already interested in WWII for a long time, but it would be cool to actually have a server about the WWII, and then have different turfs named after city's that where important in the WWII. I'll definitely gonna think about it, and i will take it in consideration. But first i want to hear some other idea's, but this idea is a really nice one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchurmanCQC
Посмотреть сообщение
Feel free to fork my repository and/or look at the code for inspiration. (A damn hot work in progress!)

https://github.com/Schurman/ProjectWar-DM-Script
Well, i'm getting allot of inspiration out of that script, like what you did with the teams, and changing the weapon damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCrypte
Посмотреть сообщение
Would be awesome . I might first need to look at a few documentary's again. I was already interested in WWII for a long time, but it would be cool to actually have a server about the WWII, and then have different turfs named after city's that where important in the WWII. I'll definitely gonna think about it, and i will take it in consideration. But first i want to hear some other idea's, but this idea is a really nice one.
I suggest you pickup CoD 1 and 2 and possibly also CoD United Offense. These are very historically accurate!