GTA V Petition For PC Version

If you aren't already aware, there's a GTA V petition in favour of GTA V being released on PC. I personally think that it will be released eventually on PC anyway, because there's a massive market that Rockstar will be missing out on otherwise. This is evident through the petition as well:

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock...se-gta-v-on-pc

Nearly 300,000 people have virtually signed and over a quarter of 1,000,000. How amazing!

By creating a petition for something that will happen anyway is a waste of everyones time, every GTA or Major Rockstar game they release on PC last. Look at GTA IV, and other GTAs they were eventually placed on to the PC; LA Noire for example was released on the PC as a "Complete Edition" as they knew if they released updates on disks they would be pirated instead of purcheased.

Rockstar are basically ensuring they get some money from the game and avoiding the loss from pirating as those who really want it will play it on Console first. Once this is done they release it on PC where they make money and lose it through Piracy; true Piracy happens on Consoles but seriously very little People know how to pirate games for a console.

Isn't the Pc version coming out 09/17/2013?

nvm delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChoco
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't the Pc version coming out 09/17/2013?
I'm pretty sure that's the release date of Xbox 360 and ps3. Also, the petition was started at least a year ago. I just think its cool that it's got so many people behind it. Personally, I plan to play it on my Ps3 anyway.

They are only increasing their popularity in that petition. It is gonna be released for a PC,it's just matter of time.

They've never announced a PC version before releasing console versions. It has been like that with every gta game since gta 3 at least. It will surely be released between 6 to 8 months after the consoles so you just need to be patient and wait.

This petition isn't to accomplish anything so signing it is completely pointless.

For the love of bacon; THERE WILL BE A PC RELEASE! Or atleast, the chances are quite high that it will. It is profitable, and the only reason they are delaying the pc version is because pirating.
Same was with IV, and probably some others too.

I honestly don't care as it doesn't affect me either way. I just think it's cool that the 'petition' itself has drawn so much support, though it probably wouldn't make any change to the intentions of Rockstar regardless. :P

Quoting a post I made months ago on this subject: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...postcount=1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
Rockstar WILL release a PC version of GTA5. I'm tired of seeing everyone freak out over nothing. I've been following Rockstar closely for the past 13 years and they are consistent. The reason Rockstar releases console versions of their game first is because Rockstar signs contracts with Microsoft and Sony to keep GTA titles exclusive to their consoles until 6 months after release. Rockstar is then free to release on other platforms. Rockstar always supported the PC platform and will continue to do so... People were also freaking out saying GTA IV wasn't going to put on PC, their worries were unjustified obviously, as it came out a few months later...

Also, in a recent Social Club update, there was some snippets found in there referencing GTA V:

Код:
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\rline\rlsessionfinder.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\net\task.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\rline\socialclub\rlsocialclubtask.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\rline\rlgamespy.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\net\http.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\rline\ros\rlroshttptask.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\data\growbuffer.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\base\src\system\simpleallocator.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\suite\src\rgsc\rgsc\rgsc\profiles.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\suite\src\rgsc\rgsc\rgsc\presence.cpp
X:\gta5\src\dev\rage\suite\src\rgsc\rgsc\Release\socialclub.pdb
Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information as everybody can edit it, unless it actually references a reliable source.

Sweet. I wander what the mods will be like. :P

GTA V will happen on PC...Eventually.

If it weren't for PC, Rockstar wouldn't been as "rocking" as now.

I signed the petition over a year ago