Large memory usage during SetObjectMaterial(Text)

So, when I was testing my 3D speedometer, I faced problems of the computer. But I ignored it...
But today, when I've been trying to find the problem, I've seen this:

More than 700 megabytes! Does it mean that changing for object can't be free out from memory? If so, this is a really big problem..
SA-MP version: 0.3x R1-2

what script are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil
View Post
what script are you using?
http://gist.github.com/SDraw/6099922
As you see, only updating text on object...And what happens after some time! O_O

You're using it inside OnPlayerUpdate, legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikito
View Post
You're using it inside OnPlayerUpdate, legit.
No sence where it is. Or in OPU, or in timer. I've tested it too...

I noticed that too, I have a bestlist on my server where the best players in the DM are listed. After some time the RAM usage gets higher and higher. Until now I did not know it could be because of SetObjectMaterialText.
Will do some tests.

I know you can only update the material text 16 times on a regular CreateObject() before the object needs to be destroyed recreated but I noticed with your script Player objects with material text can be continually updated without requiring deletion of the object. I'm not saying that is what is happen but it might give some more insight of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
View Post
I know you can only update the material text 16 times on a regular CreateObject() before the object needs to be destroyed recreated
But why hasn't this been written anywhere? Even on Wiki there is no info about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus
View Post
I know you can only update the material text 16 times on a regular CreateObject() before the object needs to be destroyed recreated but I noticed with your script Player objects with material text can be continually updated without requiring deletion of the object. I'm not saying that is what is happen but it might give some more insight of the problem.
I've tried your supposition. No luck. Still same. Now this is really serious...

I've looked at it to and yes it's doing the same thing for me every time I update the text it adds about 200kb to memory obviously a memory leak.