[Tool/Web/Other] SA-MP One-click version switcher

So some discussions about "backward compatibility" came up, because people dont like switching their samp client manually.

And heres the probably most simple solution to this:
A very basic batch script that copies all files of the desired version and so "installs" another version with 1 click.
Versions that should be available need to be extracted from the client setup, and put in a separate folder so you can add any version you like (e.g. 7-Zip can extract the files from the setup, you dont need the folders starting with a $). The script should be put in a subdirectory in your GTA directory. The version directories then need to go in that subfolder.

Anyways, samp needs to be installed correctly at least once, to create all needed registry entries and userfiles. Due to the changed management of userfiles it probably wont work correctly with very old versions (unless they were correctly installed once). Anyways, switching 0.3x and 0.3z wont be a problem.

I noticed that this can also be used as mod manager very well. Just create a version directory that e.g. only contains a modified/unmodified objects file, and you can easily load your custom objects with one click.

Usage:
loadversion.bat
Shows the currently active version, and a list of all available versions.

loadversion.bat <foldername>
(Or included quick install scripts)
Installs the files in the given folder.
Note that modified samp files wont be safed. E.g. if you got custom objects the file will be overwritten, so you should back it up. You could also put the modified object file in a separate version directory to "install" the custom objects with the script.

Download
Script only, Version 1
<removed>
Version 1 complete folder, without samp versions

I guarantee that all samp versions I offer here are 100% unmodified originals. You shouldnt download versions from untrusted sources as you cant be sure if something was added or changed, rather extract the clients yourself instead then.

Open for feedback and suggestions!

Ah, awesome Mauzen, I was keep switching to 0.3x R2 and 0.3z RC2 everytime, now this would get handy!

Oh thanks this will help me
I am lazy :[

Glad you got this idea from me thank you so much!!

Haha I knew you would do this after that post. Good job as usual. Thanks Mauz!

+REP!

Hehe thanks, yep I just had to create this. Such a simple script to save a lot of reinstalling work.

My antivirus detects the file as maliciously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoMetlc
View Post
Your anti virus is shit then.

Quote:
View Post
Antivir software likes to warn about batch scripts, often even without looking whats inside. Just because they are an uncommon type of "software", and cause batch scripts in general CAN cause severe damage. Though they only can when the author intended that and the script is run as admin.
I can just promise that theres nothing bad with the script or any other files I ever uploaded here
Feel free to check it before running, and dont run it as admin (theres no reason why it would need admin permissions unless some strange windows user configuration)

Cool.
I replaced 'PAUSE' at the end of 'loadversion.bat' file with 'start /d %1 samp.exe' to start samp after switching and now I have shortcuts on my desktop to 2 different samp versions.

Quote:
View Post
This is because you can't "scan" .bat files for viruses it's as its just command lines, just check them manually.

Cool Mauzen this would help with short time who have 2 versions

Server IP: server.spa-server.tk:7777

Hosted Tab Game-MP for 10 Euro / per month
Hosted Tab + Server host 50 slots + Control Panel for 15 Euro

Quote:
Originally Posted by im
View Post
Cool.
I replaced 'PAUSE' at the end of 'loadversion.bat' file with 'start /d %1 samp.exe' to start samp after switching and now I have shortcuts on my desktop to 2 different samp versions.
I thought about adding that too, but left it out for the moment.
I even got ideas to create a custom favorite list server browser that allows setting version and mods for each favorited server, so it loads it simply by joining the server. Not sure though if this would be useful, it would just save one more click

Badass! Nice work man, chrome thinks this file is a virus but you can keep the file. Rep on!

Did you get permission to redistribute the SA:MP files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Did you get permission to redistribute the SA:MP files?
I know this is pretty delicate, so I asked BlueG and he told me that it shouldnt be a problem. Check my visitor messages for that.