[Question] Whats have I Missed?

Hi all,

I have not scripted for samp for a good few years now and want to get into it again. I bascily want to know what some new features to look into are and new scripting techniques for faster and more efficent scripts

When I played I used:

ZCMD and SSCANF for commands and G-STYELLZZ Mysql Plugin...

I was wodnering if these two methods for commands and a database plugin are still used and still good enough standards? I just dont want to use them again if there are newer, better ways ....

Another thing is just what are some cool new features scripting has got now? ive read through the vers updattes on the samp main page and saw something about cursors and images and stuff? Is there a way to display custom images on screen now? Intresting stuff..

y_commands has been proven to be faster than ZCMD if you have OVER 100 commands in your game mode- but it also offers some neat features so you could always give that a look. The performance difference is minimal so you could always use that over ZCMD and still be fine. Sscanf is still a fantastic thing to use. BlueG has abandon his plugin, but Pain123 has taken over the development of it and it's far better now. However, you'll want to be using threaded queries if you plan to use any version after R6 (you should be using R31 with threaded queries though).

As far as new features, I would check the last couple of SA:MP updates in the "News and Announcements" board or whatever. We've had quite a few enhancements within the past few years.

Have fun!