getting started [new.pwn - RP ]

Hi Over the time I've been here I've noticed the dominant gamemode type is Role-Play, another thing I've noticed is, they are all pretty much exactly the same concept (GF edit or copy from it ).
carjacking, robbery, rape banks, atms, car renting, car buying, vehicle systems, etc etc...
I started this thread to discuss New features that could be used in role-player game types, and even different concepts. Because not all role-play has to be living in a city getting a job or whatever.

===> i'm go to start Gamemode from 0 RP

Are there any tips or ideas or anything ?

Whatever anyone is trying, you will never be able to implement real life features into sa-mp rp. If you are, feel free to spend years of your life.

The thing is, most of the SA:MP servers are RP.
Most people are followers, not leaders.

I came up with a gamemode called "Missons o missions"

Its basicly like Bomb Da Base 2, Hangmans Noose, Ect from GTA IV.
Its just a bunch of missions, its quite addicting.

@BatmanAndRobin

Like me, me too copy some things from GTA IV

and now i going to make " bank and system rob "

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwB06pPicHk[/ame]

It's possible to have a realistic server, it's just getting enough players to go along with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
It's possible to have a realistic server, it's just getting enough players to go along with it...
No ! RolePlay Not " getting enough players "

RolePlay is getting enough players know anything about Roleplay and know how to Rping

+ PS: i don't like Rules /me !!

I own a role play server and I can say it's not a godfather edit, i've always coded my server from scratch.

I used to have a roleplay server like 5 years ago, the hardest part is getting active players.
Eventually we had like 5-10 active players but had a hard time getting over 10, then we just quit.

We had a group of three, one of us took care of scripting and the other two took care of everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morocco
Посмотреть сообщение
No ! RolePlay Not " getting enough players "

RolePlay is getting enough players know anything about Roleplay and know how to Rping

+ PS: i don't like Rules /me !!
Imagine if you woke up tomorrow with nobody else around?

Anyway, my point was that you can script an amazing server with everything as it is in real life. However, you will have to find players that can work well with what you have scripted and improvise well with what you don't.

I used to play on an epic RP server with all the economy and everything fully scripted. However, without any of the global/b/s/occ bullshit. We improvised, and used everything at hand to let things play out. Only a few jobs that required scripting such as calculating taxes, prices and diseases spreading rate etc. Scripted stuff got added when needed, none of those million commands you can never learn!

We even had a huge flood one year, wiping out some of each players vehicles and some of their houses until restoration stuff could take place

It's a long time since I played at a server that good, and that server is kinda dormant right now...

?!