What way is best when creating a Roleplay Gamemode?

Evening all,

This is more out of curiosity than anything but if one was going to create a detailed roleplay gamemode how or what way would best for scripitng?

By that I mean the use of Mysql etc?

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question its just I was curious what way would be better.

Kind Regards

Izutah

Well, hello.First of all, to make a Roleplay server, you must know what you are doing.I suggest you not to use MySQL as it's hard, and it may make you annoyed/pissed off.To start a roleplay server, you start scripting the basics.Login/Register, Admin, some commands and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necip
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, hello.First of all, to make a Roleplay server, you must know what you are doing.I suggest you not to use MySQL as it's hard, and it may make you annoyed/pissed off.To start a roleplay server, you start scripting the basics.Login/Register, Admin, some commands and others.
Thank you for your prompt reply Advise taken on board. Yeah I do have basic knowledge in both basic pawn and mysql I was just wondering now days what would be better. A standalone pawno or one combined with Mysql etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necip
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, hello.First of all, to make a Roleplay server, you must know what you are doing.I suggest you not to use MySQL as it's hard, and it may make you annoyed/pissed off.
Or if you have any common sense at all, you learn stuff first, THEN make a server. Also, SPACE BETWEEN SENTENCES THANKS.

lol MP2.
So dude, I suggest that you start making basic commands like /me and /do and some more roleplay commands, then start adding stuff step by step, like house system, then business system, then personal car system, then some stores etc, and at the end, some extra features of your making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Or if you have any common sense at all, you learn stuff first, THEN make a server. Also, SPACE BETWEEN SENTENCES THANKS.
I made you go mad?I just tried to give him advices.Also I am not used to SPACE BETWEEN SENTENCES.

You should use MySQL cus you can't have everything in scriptfiles cus that can make your server lagging, i using MySQL on my script

I'm currently making a roleplay gamemode which is coming along nicely

- Start of small, getting the /rules and basic commands
- Trial and Error
- Don't copy and paste

Step 1) Includes and script layout
Step 2) Basic commands ect
Step 3) Registration and Login dialogs
Step 4) Admin system
Step 5) Helper system
Step 6) Factions
Step 7) Age, gender ect
Step Tutorial
Step 9) RP basics, /me, /do ect.

Thats how I started off and now I'm flying.