[FilterScript] Easy Attach: Simplifying Player and Vehicle Attachments.

Easy Attach
by Primes
Release date: 01/01/2018
Last Updated: 06/02/2018
Version: 1.2
I have been working a lot on attaching Objects onto Vehicles and Player lately for my server and find that getting the correct Offsets for attaching is one of the most difficult task that I find, and on a little research, found most of the others do too.
So, Here I am bringing out my first release as a savior for all those Coders having trouble in getting Offsets (no more worries about Offsets).

About:
With the help of this FilterScript, you can easily set the position of the object just by pressing two keys and export the project to get ready made code right at your fingertips. No more need to worry about complex floating point numbers.

Commands:
Note: You need to be logged in as RCON Admin so as the commands to work.
There are only two easy commands:
/ea => Start Easy Attaching
/v <model> => Spawn a vehicle of provided model id (This command was made just in case this FS is standalone and you need a vehicle to Attach objects to)

Installation Instructions:
1. Paste the two files in the filterscripts folder to the filterscripts folder in your server directory.

2. Paste the includes in pawno\include to your server folder's pawno\include, incase you might be missing any required include.

3. Paste sscanf.dll to your plugins folder if you are running on a Windows OS.
Else, Paste sscanf.so to your plugins folder in you are running on a Linux OS.
(Create the folder manually if it does not exist already)

4. Write down "EasyAttach" (without the quotes) to the filterscripts line in your server.cfg.

5. Write down "sscanf" (without the quotes) to the plugins line in your server.cfg if you are running on a Windows OS.
Else, Write down "sscanf.so" (without the quotes) to the plugins line in your server.cfg if you are running on a Linux OS.
(Add the line manually if it does not exist already)

You are good to go now.

FAQ:
Q. Its not working, what to do?
A. Try unloading all your FilterScripts and use it on a blank Game mode. This is because the dialog ids may clash with dialogs in other FilterScripts and may cause it to fail.

Q. Its still not working...
A. You must be logged in as a rcon administrator for the script to work.

Q. I don't see any file exported
A. WTF it was supposed to create a file in the scriptfiles folder

Application:
Heres one beast I made with the help of this script:

Requirements:
All files are present in the package.
Includes:
sscanf2 Thanks to Lord Y_Less
zcmd Thanks to Zeex
Plugins:
sscanf2 Thanks to Lord Y_Less

Download:
Download - Easy Attach 1.2
Pastebin - Easy Attach 1.2

P.S:
I am a newbie to scripting and this is also my very first release. So, do not expect a neat, highly optimized, bug free script. Instead of discouraging me please entrust me with some tips on how I can optimize or make my code more efficient or suggest me a new addition to this.

And yeah, Happy New Year y'all

The pastebin link is bugged and the other Download link you've provided isn't allowed, It's prohibited here, You better provide a Mediafire , solidfire or other websites download link instead of shorten' one's, You can also be banned for that, So be fast, anyway the pic looks good !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primes007
View Post
P.S:
I am a newbie to scripting and this is also my very first release. So, do not expect a neat, highly optimized, bug free script. Instead of discouraging me please entrust me with some tips on how I can optimize or make my code more efficient or suggest me a new addition to this.

And yeah, Happy New Year y'all
Money earning short links are not allowed to be used on these forums, as you're new you should refer to the forums rules before you make a release so you can avoid getting a infraction. And one more thing, put your time into reading some good optimization tutorials and try to make use of them.

Download link:
Code:
https://drive.g oogle.com/file/d/103H94nr_LT5ExEVjMwOcVB2goWtHGHNU/view

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkYTheGreat
View Post
The pastebin link is bugged and the other Download link you've provided isn't allowed, It's prohibited here, You better provide a Mediafire , solidfire or other websites download link instead of shorten' one's, You can also be banned for that, So be fast, anyway the pic looks good !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
Money earning short links are not allowed to be used on these forums, as you're new you should refer to the forums rules before you make a release so you can avoid getting a infraction. And one more thing, put your time into reading some good optimization tutorials and try to make use of them.
Thank you for that information both. The links have been fixed. Don't know why the pastebin link gets hashed after a while :/

Thank you for fixing the links and great release

I don't think you're allowed to create a ready to go package with includes and plugins. Only include your own code in the download.

Besides that, you don't use Whirpool anywhere, so why is it a requirement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
View Post
I don't think you're allowed to create a ready to go package with includes and plugins. Only include your own code in the download
I read the Rules and it was said that one can upload the script and supporting files. Hence, I thought it is fine.
About Whirlpool, The script didn't run for some reason without it. Hence, I put it together. I'll look into it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
View Post
I don't think you're allowed to create a ready to go package with includes and plugins. Only include your own code in the download.

Besides that, you don't use Whirpool anywhere, so why is it a requirement?
you're not allowed to upload the samp server executable for what ever

Updated.

What you can and cannot upload depends on the license of these programs.
I think you cannot upload samp-server, samp-npc etc because the license says:

Quote:

(e) The SA-MP software package may not be distributed, sold, rented or
leased, without written permission of the software author(s).

But most of the programs provided by the users of this forum are not covered by any license, or are covered by GNU and Creative Commons which permit that.

add to OnGameModeInit?

The rotations and x z do not work.

not very easy and handable ingame

Disabled direct download link since there's more debate on its package rather than what the filterscript does.