Making admin names[Will give rep for help]

Look I know I'm around here alot but spare me, I'm a noob.

I managed to actually make my /setlevel command make me an admin but my arank stock is buggy. I need help making names for different admin levels. For instance: Level 1: Jr Moderator, Level 2:Moderator, Leve 3:Admin.

Here's the stock I used (it was from my "undefined symbol when I defined...." topic)

Код:
stock arank(playerid)
{
    new string[128];
    {
        case 0: string = "Jr Moderator";
        case 1: string = "Moderator";
        case 2: string = "Admin";
	}
	return string;
}
When I do /setlevel <playerid> 1, "it says player has promoted player to", doesnt even tell what admin rank they were made. If I do the command twice, it'll say they were promoted to Jr Moderator.

If I do /setlevel <playerid> 2, it'll say I promoted them to Admin, when they're supposed to be moderator.

When I do /setlevel <playerid> 3, it says I promoted them to Moderator, which is supposed to be Admin.

Please help, I DID search the forum and ******, nothing helped. I will give rep to those who help me.

How did this even compile? There should be atleast a "switch" statement.

That stock above makes no sense.

pawn Код:
stock arank(playerid)
{
    new
        iStr[12]
    ;
    switch (adminVariable[playerid])
    {
        case 1: iStr = "something";
        case 2: iStr = "something";
        case 3: iStr = "something";
        case 4: iStr = "something";
        case 5: iStr = "something";
    }
    return iStr;
}

How about we do it as a command using ZCMD? It would work perfectly anyway...

Here's what I mean:
pawn Код:
// This is considering you have an enum called pInfo[playerid][arank]
// This function will return the admin names
public GetAdminsName(playerid)
{
  new str[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
  switch(pInfo[playerid][arank])
  {
    case 0: { str = "Jr. Moderator"; }
    case 1: { str = "Moderator"; }
    case 2: { str = "Admin"; }
   }
   return string;
}

// Now we will make a command using ZCMD to work with that function, and it will set a player's admin rank to
// whatever you want
CMD:makeadmin(playerid, params[]) // Command Name
{  
  if(pInfo[playerid][arank] == 0)  // Checks if Player is a Jn. Moderator
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "You are not authorized to use this command!"); // If he is, tell him he cant
  else { // if he's not...
     new targetid, Level; // targetid is the player we will make an admin
                                 // Level, is the Administrative Level you're willing to give them
     if(sscanf2(params, "ui", targetid, Level)) { SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "USAGE: /makeadmin [playerid] [Admin Level]"); } // Checks parameters and sends him a correcting message
     else { // If all parameters are correct
 if(!IsPlayerConnected(targetid)) SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "SERVER: Invalid ID!"); // then we check whether the player is connected or not
 else {
     new became[256], Name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // Two strings, each will be used differently twice.
     pInfo[targetid][arank] = Level; // Gives Player his Administrative level
     Name = GetAdminsName(targetid); // Using the function we made earlier and getting his Rank Level
     format(became, sizeof(became), "You have been given Administrator rank of %s", Name); // use format to tell the new admin his reward
     SendClientMessage(targetid, COLOR, became); // Actually tells the new admin he became admin
     Name = GetPlayersName(targetid); // Getting the new admin's name and saving it in Name
     format(became, sizeof(became), "You have given %s, Admin rank %i", Name, Level); // telling the Old admin a message telling him he has made the new admin, admin
     SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, became); // actually sending him the message
   }
}

}
  return 1;
} // Easy right? ":)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigETI
Посмотреть сообщение
How did this even compile? There should be atleast a "switch" statement.
I forgot to update it cause I tried something new before making the topic. I did have a switch statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djole1337
Посмотреть сообщение
That stock above makes no sense.

pawn Код:
stock arank(playerid)
{
    new
        iStr[12]
    ;
    switch (adminVariable[playerid])
    {
        case 1: iStr = "something";
        case 2: iStr = "something";
        case 3: iStr = "something";
        case 4: iStr = "something";
        case 5: iStr = "something";
    }
    return iStr;
}
For one thing, the specified string size is too small, 12?, i'll just get the "destination array is too small" error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elie1996
Посмотреть сообщение
How about we do it as a command using ZCMD? It would work perfectly anyway...

Here's what I mean:
pawn Код:
// This is considering you have an enum called pInfo[playerid][arank]
// This function will return the admin names
public GetAdminsName(playerid)
{
  new str[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
  switch(pInfo[playerid][arank])
  {
    case 0: { str = "Jr. Moderator"; }
    case 1: { str = "Moderator"; }
    case 2: { str = "Admin"; }
   }
   return string;
}

// Now we will make a command using ZCMD to work with that function, and it will set a player's admin rank to
// whatever you want
CMD:makeadmin(playerid, params[]) // Command Name
{  
  if(pInfo[playerid][arank] == 0)  // Checks if Player is a Jn. Moderator
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "You are not authorized to use this command!"); // If he is, tell him he cant
  else { // if he's not...
     new targetid, Level; // targetid is the player we will make an admin
                                 // Level, is the Administrative Level you're willing to give them
     if(sscanf2(params, "ui", targetid, Level)) { SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "USAGE: /makeadmin [playerid] [Admin Level]"); } // Checks parameters and sends him a correcting message
     else { // If all parameters are correct
 if(!IsPlayerConnected(targetid)) SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, "SERVER: Invalid ID!"); // then we check whether the player is connected or not
 else {
     new became[256], Name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; // Two strings, each will be used differently twice.
     pInfo[targetid][arank] = Level; // Gives Player his Administrative level
     Name = GetAdminsName(targetid); // Using the function we made earlier and getting his Rank Level
     format(became, sizeof(became), "You have been given Administrator rank of %s", Name); // use format to tell the new admin his reward
     SendClientMessage(targetid, COLOR, became); // Actually tells the new admin he became admin
     Name = GetPlayersName(targetid); // Getting the new admin's name and saving it in Name
     format(became, sizeof(became), "You have given %s, Admin rank %i", Name, Level); // telling the Old admin a message telling him he has made the new admin, admin
     SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR, became); // actually sending him the message
   }
}

}
  return 1;
} // Easy right? ":)
You would still have to ask me what form of stats saving do I use, which is y_ini (sorry if I sound like a asshole :I, i still thank you for your help)

I dont really need help with the setlevel command, just the stock, enum, or something to give each admin level a name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvingreen17
Посмотреть сообщение
You would still have to ask me what form of stats saving do I use, which is y_ini (sorry if I sound like a asshole :I, i still thank you for your help)
That's fine just easily convert it to whatever you want, if that's what you're comfortable with it's easily converted to anything: YCMD, dcmd, etc..

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I dont really need help with the setlevel command, just the stock.
And that's why I made the command, I just thought you could choose not to use the stock, it works the same.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
or something to give each admin level a name.
That's what GetAdminsName function is for.

I got this:

C:\Users\di$t0rt3d_p1ctur3\Saved Games\GTA San Andreas\Server\gamemodes\coolbeans.pwn(1035) : error 090: public functions may not return arrays (symbol "GetAdminsName")

EDIT: And I dont have an enum for that, I thought I would but I wouldnt figure out how to structure it.

nvm this was sorted. I figured it out, was another noob problem. It was working the whole time.

I will rep everyone who posted in his topic (before this post, not you rep whores)

Thanks dudes for your time, it is greatly appreciated

Sure, no problem glad to be of help