Has your server became popular without buying hosted tab?

Has your server became popular without buying hosted tab? If Yes, Then please share some tips of your success. This will help many players who own their server but didn't got any success.
Thank You.

Yes, my old server was kinda popular with a good player base.

1) Professional Admins.
2) Spreading Roleplay around the city, and giving the leadership of the factions to a people who knows how to lead it.
3) Unique/Custom Script.
4) Don't refund.
5) Many more..

But I closed me server for some reasons

The Internet List is a fiarly unexpored space now, long ago from 0.1 to 0.2x people including me used to browse the Internet List. These servers would then gain 30 - 40 players the ones I went on and found that were cool anyway, others used to join my test server on the Internet also and still do but that might be because I advertise it, I place it in my signature if you class that as a tip.

People these days tho well MOST people no longer look through the Internet List as it used to be a nice balenced amount of servers where as its now all RP which is empty and God Father or NG:RP ofcourse. I think if you NEED to succeed to enjoy your server you should save extra for the hosted tab for atleast 3 months, and if you cant afford the hosted tab anymore go off the list, atleast your server has hopefully earned a name will be in someones Favourates tab where they will invite people who invite more people.

Yeah, in '11. Advertised on gaming forums and *******.

MrCoder, You may be right. Advertising on ******* can get some effect on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ
Посмотреть сообщение
MrCoder, You may be right. Advertising on ******* can get some effect on the server.
It only has a huge effect if you [ost your Video on this forum "Photos and Videos Section"