Getting a player

Hello,

How can I "get" a player again?
For example if I want to use /kick [player]
How do I get the playername stored so I can use:
pawn Код:
Kick(target);
or something like that.

sscanf is the most up to date, and efficient way for the terms you're attempting to use it in. SSCANF has a 'u' parameter that will get a player's name or ID from the parameters you enter.

Example:
pawn Код:
CMD:kick(playerid, params[])
{
    new playertobekicked, reason[50];
    if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFF0000FF, "Nigga, you ain't an admin..."); //Obviously there are alternatives to this, but this will check if a player is logged into RCON
    if(sscanf(params, "uS(No Reason)[50]", playertobekicked, reason)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFFFF00FF, "Usage: /kick [player id/name] [reason]");
    new string[145];
    new pName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME], aName[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
    GetPlayerName(playerid, aName, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);
    GetPlayerName(playertobekicked, pName, MAX_PLAYER_NAME);
    format(string, sizeof(string), "Player %s(%d) has been kicked by %s(%d) | Reason: %s", pName, playertobekicked, aName, playerid, reason);
    SendClientMessageToAll(0xFF0000FF, string);
    SetTimerEx("KickPlayer", 500, "i", playertobekicked);
    return 1;
}

forward KickPlayer(playerid);
public KickPlayer(playerid)
{
    Kick(playerid);
    return 1;
}
Just a quick example, there are many sscanf tutorials, just search for them.

You don't need a player's name for any of the native SA:MP functions... You simply use their player ID!

However, for reference, you can use GetPlayerName to get their name.

From BenzoAMG's code, one mistake at the top:
pawn Код:
if(!IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFF0000FF, "Nigga, you ain't an admin...");
Instead of:
pawn Код:
if(IsPlayerAdmin(playerid)) return SendClientMessage(playerid, 0xFF0000FF, "Nigga, you ain't an admin...");

pawn Код:
new target;
if(!sscanf(params, "u", target))
{
    //kick code
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't need a player's name for any of the native SA:MP functions... You simply use their player ID!

However, for reference, you can use GetPlayerName to get their name.
I believe he meant in order to use it for a message to the rest players.

In case I understood wrong and he meant; for example, he wants to use "/kick arjanforgames" then SSCANF is what he needs.

@arjanforgames - You can use either the playerid or Name/Part of name instead.

@RealCop If I read it correctly, I think he's referring to being able to use a player's name as parameters rather than their ID when executing a command.

@JimmyCh
Thank you, I'll fix that up now. I'm on my phone, so I'm bound to make a mistake at some point.