Best server location for a deathmatch server??

Just a small survey about what the best location would be for a deathmatch server.
Comments welcome but I'd prefer just the poll to be answered.

USA
Canada
Europe

I know one of these locations has more sa-mp players than the others...so I'm trying to survey and find out which one would be the best choice

Germany

Where ever is closest to you.

Europe

There was one host in USA, Orlando, Florida which would give around 150ms for whole Europe and South America and below 80 for whole USA and Canada.
That host was definately the best to use because nearly everyone from the continents and countries stated above would get low ping.
Unfortunately that host has closed and your only solution to get one is to buy a dedicated server from it, which would of course cost you a lot more than a normal SA-MP server but you could basically put anything you'd like in there. They also have VPS i guess.
This host that has shutdown used one of their dedis to use on their hosting servers, heres the place: http://www.hostdime.com/

I hope theres no problem posting the link in here, as it's not a SA-MP server host nor GSP. It's just the only place you could get those pings from.

I voted for Europe.

It really doesn't matter what type of server you run, but what location is closest to your players. If the majority of your players are from Europe, then go for Europe. If they are from the USA, then go for the USA.

Europe is the best IMHO

EU as the majority of the SA:MP community come from that region I am aware off, I know many too that play in the US but they all have there own servers I think.

Maybe get a server in the middle? :P

IMHO, Europe would be the best location for you. I play on a server with ~200 players online, and it's hosted in Texas. 90% of the players have a 150+ ping, while a server hosted in Europe provides a ping of ~60 ms for most of the players.

Europe for TDM & DM.

USA / Europe for Roleplay.

I had my DM server hosted in the USA and then switched to Europe as the majority of my players were from European countries. It didn't make much of a difference to those players, but made it worse for players from other countries so I ended up moving it back to the USA. It seems to be a good central location where thing ping is fair for the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
I had my DM server hosted in the USA and then switched to Europe as the majority of my players were from European countries. It didn't make much of a difference to those players, but made it worse for players from other countries so I ended up moving it back to the USA. It seems to be a good central location where thing ping is fair for the majority.
Well if you live in Australia then it's better to have your server in America because Australia and Europe are at the opposite sides of the world while America is the in between point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoder
View Post
Where ever is closest to you.
If you want to be selfish, yeah. You should host your server where most of your players are, and as Europe is where most players come from, it makes sense to host it there. If you host it in the US and 80% of your players are European, you and a few others will have nice pings, but the majority will have very high pings.

You shouldn't necessarily put the server in the country where you have most players really. For example, I put Partyserver on the East Coast of the U.S., which is a good central location IMO. Most of my players are South American, so their pings are good (100-150). Americans and Canadians get 10-80 ping. Overseas people get around 110-220 ping.

Now if I put the server in the country where most of player were, South Americans would get <50 ping, Americans would get > 75-120 ping, Canadians > 90-150, Overseas people would get > 250 ping.

(My example pings are really really rough averages and is mostly guesswork)

So while the ping for a lot of people would go down, average ping for lots of other people would go up significantly. It all depends on your player base.

I say you should host it at your house. That's the best connection for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
View Post
You shouldn't necessarily put the server in the country where you have most players really. For example, I put Partyserver on the East Coast of the U.S., which is a good central location IMO. Most of my players are South American, so their pings are good (100-150). Americans and Canadians get 10-80 ping. Overseas people get around 110-220 ping.

Now if I put the server in the country where most of player were, South Americans would get <50 ping, Americans would get > 75-120 ping, Canadians > 90-150, Overseas people would get > 250 ping.

(My example pings are really really rough averages and is mostly guesswork)

So while the ping for a lot of people would go down, average ping for lots of other people would go up significantly. It all depends on your player base.
Wouldn't really work for America/UK though, unless you hosted it in the middle of the atlantic. If I host it on the east coast myself and most of my players will have lag, while the few American players have good pings. I'd rather the majority of my players had good pings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ighost
View Post
Europe for TDM & DM.

USA / Europe for Roleplay.
And the Freeroam goes to india. -.-

Netherlands for the win - 50 / 100 ping for 90% of the users.

Europe - Germany : if it hosted tab in this country you will get +100 players.