SA-MP does not work in window mode

I tried to play SA-MP in windowed mode and not charging me any server, the game is loaded correctly but when connecting to server fails, anyone know if SA-MP can play in windowed mode?

Enter in full screen mode, then press alt+enter to go into windowed mode. Make sure your resolution is set lower than your current screen resolution.

GTA does not support or work well at all in windowed mode, so it's more likely a GTA bug.

Your best option is to play in full screen mode.

BTW i don't know your problem but SAMP works in Windowed mode, i have played in such a way quiet often!

For the linux users (yes, i know there aren't that many of them AND that the original post doesn't use linux, this might still help someone) by running the game through explorer, it forces it to run in windowed mode. This works with any game, including GTA:SA singleplayer, which doesn't have a windowed mode option. Just use "wine explorer /desktop=800x600 path/to/gta/sa.exe" in terminal. The "800x600" doesn't really matter, since most of the time the game's own settings will override it, and you can set the window size from GTA:SA's options.