Russian characters in chat and gametext (textdraws)

I'm making my server multilingual, and am currently trying to work out how to handle Russian text. Firstly there's SA-MP chat - how do you see Russian there? It just shows up as question marks or weird characters for me.

Secondly - gametext (textdraws). The textdraws have their own .txd file in which the characters are. They are only English characters, so do most Russians have to download a mod for this file or what?

The russian version of GTA SA has already a modified version of the bitmap fonts, so they can literally see russian letters in text draws, but others just will be able to see disordered numbers, signs, and letters.

Okay, and chat? I'm sure the players on those Russian servers don't speak in question marks or 'distorted letters'.

This should answer the chat question: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=225485

Oh right, thanks.

I don't have russian version of San Andreas, and I still can see the chat right. I think it gets the fonts from windows.

As for the server speaking russian in gametext or textdraws, I don't think it's possible.

Okay, I figured out the chat, but textdraws are still an issue. My friend is Romanian and he doesn't see proper Romanian characters in textdraws, but he uses an English version of GTA: SA. What would he have to do in order to see 'proper' Romanian characters in TDs? He said it'd be fine to just exclude the accents and stuff, so instead of 'touchй' you could just put 'touche' and it'd be fine, but is there not a way to fix this?

What I don't understand is, you can't have two languages for textdraws at a time. When they first join the server, they'll see a textdraw that says 'Select Your Language' - if they already have Russian installed, how are they going to see this..?