Superbeginer Questions

Alright so my account is approved by the admins so I can make a new topic *yay*
I have started learning how to script in pawno even though I have been playing since 2007. Better late than never right?

Here are some questions which I have for now:
1. What are the components that are needed to make the base of your script and which are the best? Please add if I miss any aspect:
- Command processor: y_command? zcmd?
- Player accounts storage system: MySQL or normal?
- File manager: y_ini?
- Pasword encryption: whirpool: Needed or not?
- Additional stuff which is needed for maximum efficiency and not too hard to manage: Like foreach etc... Recommend please.

2. Where/how else to learn scripting efficiently?

3. Is there anyone out there kind enough to be my mentor?

Thanks in advance!

1. You can chose the one you like the most.
2. You can take a look at the wiki.sa-mp.com at the tutorials section.
3. My Skype is lucas.babecka, i'm quite experienced at PAWN.

I really wish to understand the integration of systems into script before I begin anything. But I don't know how many aspects there is and which one to use for each aspect...

I would recommend starting without using any of the libraries you mentioned above. Get to know the built in callbacks/functions. Once you are confident that you know the basics, start looking at other libraries. Knowing the basics will help you in figuring out how the libraries work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowster
Посмотреть сообщение
I would recommend starting without using any of the libraries you mentioned above. Get to know the built in callbacks/functions. Once you are confident that you know the basics, start looking at other libraries. Knowing the basics will help you in figuring out how the libraries work.
Thank you for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMan
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you for the tip!
No problem. Good luck!