Galaxy Devices WiFi Problem!

Lately i've been trying to flash my Router with DD-WRT firmware and after the second flash i bricked the whole thing

Now none of my devices can connect to the internet except my PC and the Note 2, and S3 as far as i read, doesn't support Ad-Hoc networks, i even tried to create an ad-hoc in Windows 7 and connect both of the devices to it, but unfortunately they didn't even find the network.

Anyways i found a solution for Windows 7's ad-hoc problem which sets it's WiFi mode to Infrastructure and it worked perfectly both of the devices connected successfully.

Now on Windows XP it doesn't work, the command for the Infrastructure mode in Windows 7 was
Код:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=testwifi key="123456789012"
And in Windows XP the "wlan set hostednetwork ... " CMD doesn't exist.

Any ideas to make a WiFi network in Windows XP and connect to it with my devices ?

Thanks in advance.

P.S I've tried Connectify and it didn't work.

as i have heard that the hotspot was added in windows 7 (correct me if i am wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirollos
Посмотреть сообщение
as i have heard that the hotspot was added in windows 7 (correct me if i am wrong)
Sorry i didn't completely understand what you meant!

But yeah the HotSpot was added in Windows 7, and XP SP3.

You need to set the network mode to "Access Point" if your wireless card supported it, only a very few cards work in Infrastructure mode.

Is this the same machine for windows xp and 7 you are talking about or different? Connectivity has always worked perfectly fine for me on XP and 7, are you using the right settings such as selecting the correct network adapter to share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
You need to set the network mode to "Access Point" if your wireless card supported it, only a very few cards work in Infrastructure mode.

Is this the same machine for windows xp and 7 you are talking about or different? Connectivity has always worked perfectly fine for me on XP and 7, are you using the right settings such as selecting the correct network adapter to share?
Yeah it's the same machine, it worked on Windows 7 but not on XP, maybe because the API's that 7 uses are not available in XP.

Last time i used connectify it didn't work, but i will try it again now and see what happens.

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/w...85.aspx#imgn_8
I have done it before back in the days setting up 2 laptops to play a game on LAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by park4bmx
Посмотреть сообщение
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/w...85.aspx#imgn_8
I have done it before back in the days setting up 2 laptops to play a game on LAN
That sets the network's mode as "Ad-Hoc" not "Access Point" and Samsung's Galaxy series,
can't connect to "Ad-Hoc" networks .

Thanks for the response though

Tried to unbrick your router?

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
Tried to unbrick your router?
Yeah but i failed, it needs a serial cable now Nokia's DKU-5 or CA-42 which i don't have,
i made a small research about different cables and it turned out only those two cables,
can reset the Router's NVRAM to default.

There's also JTAG and my Router doesn't have a port for it.

So technically i'm stuck :-/

It's not only Galaxy - Android doesn't support ad-hoc networks unless you root your phone and tweak wpa_supplicant, and this doesn't always work...

Try this anyway: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1718053