****** captures world's tallest building Burj Khalifa with 'Street View'

For years, the ****** Street View team has captured the world's most interesting places and put the 360-degree imagery on ****** Maps for the world to experience virtually. This has made touring the planet from your home as simple as a few clicks, but there are still a number of famous places even ****** has not yet mapped.

Now, another one of the planet's amazing locations can be crossed off the list, as the Street View team has just unveiled new images from the tallest building in the world, the Burj-Khalifa, in Dubai.

According to ******, this is the first time the team has captured a skyscraper for Street View. It also represents an expansion of ******'s Street View in the Middle East.

Led by Street View programme manager Pascal Malite, the team used the backpack and trolley versions of ******'s now familiar three-dimensional mapping device to explore the building's numerous passageways, massive viewing stations, and outside pavilions, all to give ****** Maps users a comprehensive view of Dubai's biggest attraction. The process of capturing the entire site, including a 360-degree panoramic view from atop the 2,717-foot building, took about three days.

Aerial views include scenes from the building's highest public observation deck on the 124th floor, the highest swimming pool facility in the world on the 76th floor, and the very highest room in the building on the 163rd floor (even the pricey penthouse suite is far below, on the 103rd floor).

Finally, to give users the same view Tom Cruise had in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, the team used window cleaner baskets to hang from the outside of the building on the 80th floor. Buffeted by winds that usually gust up to 40 miles per hour, the Street View team captured stunning exterior views that bring home exactly how amazing the mapping tool can be for those looking for a little virtual adventure on the other side of the world.

You can see some behind-the-scenes footage of the mapping expedition in the video above, and you can start exploring the Burj-Khalifa yourself on ****** Maps.

Source: Click Here

[*******]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7AFhVEI5o[/*******]

Wiz Khalifa's crib.

When you blatantly rip a text of a website, at least include the source.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420861,00.asp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej794
Посмотреть сообщение
Wiz Khalifa's crib.
Nahhhhh, it is not!!!
I can prove it :3

Seems...Interesting.

I entered Burj Khalifa IRl, it is more interesting than this, but the ticket is kinda expensive, depends on your entrance day, the cheapest one that youd should pay before entering the burj 4 days.
If you will pay for the ticket to enter at the same day, that will be too expensive.
Edit: I think burj khalifa got the speedest elevators in the worlD ;o I remember that it were moving about 3 floors per second.