Need Help Against SPAMMING Bots!

Guys In My Server Forums Automated bots there names liek biornfrf are posting stuff - random stuff how to polish shoes , how to make cake , how to use hair-straitner and all please help how to avoid them they are really bad i banned almost 6 Bots But stil............. plx help

Usually happens on nulled vB forums - If you're using one , Don't.

However - You can add a verification code during the registration process that would stop them - You can find it at the admin-cp.

Hi,

Install re-captcha by ******. I've had multiple forums installed before, and this always helped minimize the bots flooding my forums. If you're not expecting 900 registrations on day one, an alternate method to fix this would be to manually approve all registrations. Though re-captcha should suffice.

http://www.******.com/recaptcha

Use the Questions & Answers feature. It's best to use a question that is unique to your forum, avoid using common knowledge like "what is 1 + 1". If you can't think of a unique question, then ask a certain word be typed, here is an example:

Q: Please type the word a u t o m o b i l e without spaces in the box below.
A: automobile

To avoid them add the Captcha to the registration..that will make them stay out your website for a while.
(rep me if i helped you)

Frankly, if you don't know how to solve such a simple problem how are you running a forum?

I'm not trying to be rude... it's just that answer to this can be found easily using ******.

Since putting a picture of an Infernus on my forum's registration page and requiring any new user to identify it, I haven't had one spam bot.

Sadly, when I asked for the name of this GTA modification as antibot question, there were several guys mailing me desperately because they had no idea what the answer could be.
So it didnt only protect me from bots, but also from idiots.

use IPB its so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Sadly, when I asked for the name of this GTA modification as antibot question, there were several guys mailing me desperately because they had no idea what the answer could be.
So it didnt only protect me from bots, but also from idiots.
Aha, same.