What makes YOU play on a server every night?

Hey.
I want to ask you guys what makes you come back to a server every night and play?
mainly role-play but I will appreciate any advice from anyone.
No specificity asking for ideas but you opinions on what you would go back for.
Cheers,
Rhys

A good set of staff members and players playing the game fairly and correctly (especially when it comes to RP). When the server owner is unable to search for something before posting though... that's just upsetting to me!

Clearly you haven't read the forum rules because if you did, this thread wouldn't be here. This topic (and many like it) have all been brought up on NUMEROUS occasions. There's no reason to create a new thread in hopes for "new ideas" because guess what? People give the same old BS every single time...

I'm not asking for ideas at all.

-.- I'm aware of that, but it's the same thing really. People always say the exact same thing when asked "what do you look for in a server?" or "what makes you stay at a server?" This topic has been brought up 5 times in the past week and a half, I guarantee it. Just do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and search.

Oh and to be honest, if you have to ask this question, you really don't need to be running a server.

It would be stupid not to listen to what people want and just do what i want, because that might be completely wrong direction to go. Don't like it don't post in it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humprabbit
Посмотреть сообщение
It would be stupid not to listen to what people want and just do what i want, because that might be completely wrong direction to go. Don't like it don't post in it then.
That's not what I'm saying...

I'm trying to tell you that if you're asking "what makes you play on a server?", you lack the necessary skills to own and operate a server/community. Sometimes, just playing a particular server for awhile will show you (if you're observant enough) what players like and dislike. You take that experience and use it for your benefit if you ever go open your own server/community. Take a look at LS:RP for example; I've learned a lot from that community. After playing there on and off for a few years, I've noticed that a lot of players dislike certain aspects, but really like the other aspects. I use that knowledge in my own community today.

So again... you lack the skill set to own/operate a server/community and you really shouldn't even attempt it right now because you're just going to waste your time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
A good set of staff members and players playing the game fairly and correctly (especially when it comes to RP).
every word.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not what I'm saying...

I'm trying to tell you that if you're asking "what makes you play on a server?", you lack the necessary skills to own and operate a server/community. Sometimes, just playing a particular server for awhile will show you (if you're observant enough) what players like and dislike. You take that experience and use it for your benefit if you ever go open your own server/community. Take a look at LS:RP for example; I've learned a lot from that community. After playing there on and off for a few years, I've noticed that a lot of players dislike certain aspects, but really like the other aspects. I use that knowledge in my own community today.

So again... you lack the skill set to own/operate a server/community and you really shouldn't even attempt it right now because you're just going to waste your time and money.
I tell you one thing for certain, if you think that jumping in with both feet without asking any questions is the key to success then you're going to walk a long and lonely road to failure. Here we have a keen and interested individual who is doing the right thing in asking questions and doing research and you're writing him off as a moron.

What people want is not just the opposite of what they DON'T want. You don't meet demands by guessing almost ever, and with such a saturation of servers out there, it's important that, as you say, you don't waste your time and money. How do you assure this? Research, questions, new opinions. It might have just been a general conversation rather than anything to do with creating a new community. Whether a similar thread exists or not, how much of a toll does the extra thread take on your life?

I think you ought to take a long, hard look at your demeanour and ask yourself if YOU have the skills to own or operate a community. I would far rather put my faith in someone who's polite, receptive and wants to know what makes me tick, rather than an obnoxious bully who thinks he knows best.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
-.- I'm aware of that, but it's the same thing really. People always say the exact same thing when asked "what do you look for in a server?" or "what makes you stay at a server?" This topic has been brought up 5 times in the past week and a half, I guarantee it. Just do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and search.

Oh and to be honest, if you have to ask this question, you really don't need to be running a server.
Seriously, your point of discreetness is horrifying. Could you possibly stop trying so hard to be such a big leader, and be nice for once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulate
Посмотреть сообщение
I tell you one thing for certain, if you think that jumping in with both feet without asking any questions is the key to success then you're going to walk a long and lonely road to failure. Here we have a keen and interested individual who is doing the right thing in asking questions and doing research and you're writing him off as a moron.

What people want is not just the opposite of what they DON'T want. You don't meet demands by guessing almost ever, and with such a saturation of servers out there, it's important that, as you say, you don't waste your time and money. How do you assure this? Research, questions, new opinions. It might have just been a general conversation rather than anything to do with creating a new community. Whether a similar thread exists or not, how much of a toll does the extra thread take on your life?

I think you ought to take a long, hard look at your demeanour and ask yourself if YOU have the skills to own or operate a community. I would far rather put my faith in someone who's polite, receptive and wants to know what makes me tick, rather than an obnoxious bully who thinks he knows best.
Hmmm, I thought RealCop228 had a point, but I see this post now and it too has a point. Interesting confrontation between two opposite view points.