Stupid Router.

I've had the same router for about 6 years, but two months ago I decided to get a new one. It was a Belkin router and I had nothing but problems with it (basic problems like losing/slow connection). I bought a new one (similar to my old one) which is a DLINK one and have been trying to port-forward to run my local SA-MP server. I've port-forwarded it CORRECTLY (I've been doing it for YEARS without problems - please don't link me to a 'how to port-forward' guide ¬_¬) and I can see the server as being ONLINE in the client of my OTHER PC (same LAN) but when I join it won't connect and just says the server didn't respond. After about 3 tries it connects me, I spawn, then I timeout after ~8 seconds and the cycle repeats. What the fuck is going on and how can I fix this shit? :\

Maybe tried using another gamemode? my router is same, was portforwarding for years and it was all okay, now, it just appears for me..

It seems that something possible Firewall is blocking your samp server
Try joinning the server using your local ip

Also I should mention that my friend can join it fine. I guess it's because the connection is internal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyDrAtIc
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe tried using another gamemode?
I've tried a completely blank GM, still nothing.

It's weird how I can see it as online in the server browser but can't actually join..

Do a traceroute to your internet IP, and from another computer on LAN to your server.

tracert ip on windows

Did that, it showed the ping as 1MS. Not sure how that's meant to be helpful but then again I don't know anything about networking.

I still can't figure out how it can be showing Incoming Connection but not actually connect. This usually happens when the port isn't forwarded, but it is! Here's the settings in my DLINK control panel:

And here's my PC's IP config:

(From the PC on which the server is hosted)

Here's the IP config from my other PC (the one trying to connect) and the tracer thing:

Have you tried DMZ mode Also do you have a DOS and IPS system on your router?

why dont you try with an other ports ? such as 7777 ? else make sure every thing is all right with your connection plus of course try to reset or default setting to your router.

I've solved it by using the internal IP. Seems my router is crap.