What do you think the legal age for driving should be?

Please vote and reply why or why not you should/shouldn't be able to drive a vehicle at the different ages.

4char

16, its 17 where I live, but I think that this is still to high, you should get a permit at 15 and license at 16

I really don't see the idea of some countries being after 18 years old to drive a car, when we can already drive a 125c bike[16].
So, 16.

No 17 option?

It's +18 in my country but it should be 20.
You need maturity to drive, if you are not responsible you may cause accidents or even kill someone.
Most people with 16 years old still behave like a child, totally immature and the only thing they care is getting drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedarr
Посмотреть сообщение
No 17 option?
I've only added the most used ages around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение

4char
No. 16 year olds can only just realize they are supposed to drive on the left/right side of the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScRaT
Посмотреть сообщение
It's +18 in my country but it should be 20.
You need maturity to drive, if you are not responsible you may cause accidents or even kill someone.
Most people with 16 years old still behave like a child, totally immature and the only thing they care is getting drunk.
This.

How many people that voted 16 are underage? 99%? In Belgium you can get a temporary license from age 17 after passing the theoretical exam. This license permits you to practice on the road, in the company of a qualified person (acquired driving license 8 years ago) and within set hours. The license does not allow you to "practice" on weekend nights. Taking the practical exam is only allowed after age 18.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Other countries in Europe also introduced driving tests during the twentieth century, the last of them being Belgium where, until 1977, it was possible to purchase and hold a license without having to undergo a driving test.
Well, that explains all the bad drivers around here.

I think it should be '18' like many countries. It is the proper age, for kids to get into atleast a few mature senses.