"Original disc could not be found or authenticated" wtf is this?

So i had a second edition disc of the game, i downgraded my game to version 1.0, here is the downgrader i used.

http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/..._to_v10;105439

Everytime i open SA:MP i get this annoying message, how can i fix this? Is there a different downgrade patch i can use? Please don't tell me to download a No-CD patch because i've used it before and it's the worst way to downgrade your game. It always crashed a lot.

Does nobody know?

Does single player work?

No, sometimes it doesn't even start. I don't even have any mods either.

- Download the downgrader inside the Client Support.

That message generally means that your disc is dirty or scratched, so try and clean it (if you don't want to use a modified exe).

For the record I purchased V1.0 when it came out, and IMMEDIATELY hooked myself up w/ a NOCD patch because I do NOT like to bring my install media out unless I have to.

I don't crash.

I used your patch and single player works fine thankfully, but for some reason when i start up SA:MP it's still telling me that i need the original disc. What do i do there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
That message generally means that your disc is dirty or scratched, so try and clean it (if you don't want to use a modified exe).
The disc is in perfect condition so i don't know why it wouldn't work.

Wait nvm, it works now. What i did was that i deleted the gta.set file and for some odd reason SA:MP started and worked perfectly fine. Weird