I need to ban the entire country of Romania (89.123.x.x). How to range ban?

I searched briefly and didnt find a how to. What would i put in my samp.ban file to ban the entire 89.123 network segment? 89.123.0.1-89.123.255.255 ?

Ban the entire country of Romania?
1) Why?
2) samp.ban is a file for "remember" to servers : "You are banned" (i think)
3)No only that

70% of my ban list are romanian ips

I go thru my chat logs every night and ban cheaters. One guy kept changing his ip all over the place, but within the 89.123 segment

I'm tired of cheaters on my server. If people from romania feel they need to cheat, they can do it elsewhere

89.123.*.* will ban all this range. And you can simply password your server so only players who know the password are able to join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yom
89.123.*.* will ban all this range. And you can simply password your server so only players who know the password are able to join.
Thank you. And I dont want to password it, I want it public. I also dont want douchebags running youknowwhat ruining the experience for my players. I also tire of them telling people they are admin and that cheating is allowed.

he/she have dynamic ip -.-'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBITO-BB
he/she have dynamic ip -.-'
Yes I know. Which is why I'm cutting my losses and dumping the entire country into the ocean.

lol yeah nice idea

lol nice.
very smart of you :P

woaw i don't know what made you decide that ( becauze i'm romanian 2 but i don't cheat ) but i have about 10 romanian cheaters ip's in my ban list 2 =)) yeah they cheat ( but not meh ).

lmao
i heard about this been done to a country on a different multiplayer game XD

wow... that's really going to make that cheater feel special... he has a dynamic IP and keeps coming back and cheating, so you ban his entire country... that's gunna give him some kinda ego boost, that he's responsible for the entire romania being banned.

Well I'm open to suggestions. I don't have the capacity to babysit all day so if you can think of a better method to cut the rampant cheating sown...im all ears.

I don't quite see an ego boost element here but I guess thats a valid opinion. I'd rather not do it this way, but I'd also like my players to have a good time. There has to be a balance somewhere.

Hey...i'm from Romania... add those ip's; 86.125xxxxx , 86.129xxx ....

Its your server at the end of the day.

If I was having problems with players primarily on one subnet, I would do exactly the same thing as yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
You can ban all players from Romania, look here: http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=33294.0

i need to ban you not all romanians are cheaters and i tink on your server aren`t 10 players per day,you only want to make a bad ideea of what are romanians:P

good one, you bumped a 350+ day old post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetosoft
i need to ban you not all romanians are cheaters and i tink on your server aren`t 10 players per day,you only want to make a bad ideea of what are romanians:P
You are of also needingness to be of looking at the post dates and not bumpinging olden posts HAR HAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Many Romanian players have 86.126.x.x or 79.114.x.x
Or ban the [RO] tag.
And check this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Blood (RO)
i'm from Romania
So do I...