[FilterScript] SwyftBuster | Ban Database | V1

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft™
Посмотреть сообщение
@Pupak

Sorry you are just making invalid statements.
You obviously don't understand what a ranged ban is. So please don't bother talking.

Okay, this is how our system and SprunkBuster's systems worked.

You go to a site, and submit an IP to be blacklisted, once approved it goes in..

Every IP looks something like this (ie. 127.0.0.1) Now, what ranged banning is. Is well banning a range of IP's

For example, 127.0.0.*

This will ban any number after 127.0.0 so it will be banned from the first range... That's how our system works, we do range banning. Which bans ranges, and the digits could go up to as much as 999 numbers.
When a user with a dynamic IP changes their IP, it is not necessarily in the same range. So all a range ban will do is ban innocent people. Pupak's points are very valid and I think that you should do some further research before developing a project like this, and especially before so rudely telling someone that their statements are invalid and they should stop talking. ev0lution and I made a similar one about a year ago but we decided to stop working on it because it just wasn't effective for people who were changing their IPs. Good luck, though.

As true as dynamic IP's aren't in the same range.... Most people with Dynamic IP's have 5 different IP's for each range... So if you range ban the IP the same 5 times... Then it will basically be a permanent banned...

That's how it works here in Canada for Dynamic IP's.

And it is a shame your project stopped development.. However, SwyftBuster is a very effective filterscript once it is more used. Sprunkbuster had over 20k IP's blocked... So thats about 4000 hackers banned completely.

REMOVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmet_
Посмотреть сообщение
This.
Both of you don't understand some things and I'm trying to explain it to you, so don't tell my points are invalid if you can't understand them. Firstly, IP address consists of 4 octets (4 * 8 bits), so the octet value can't go from 0 to 999 (or any other digit as Swyft™ says). It can go from 0 (binary 00000000) to 255 (binary 11111111), actually from 1 to 254 as first and the last one are not used. So if you do a range ban from 12.34.56.1 to 12.34.56.78 for example, you will ban a total of 79 IP addressess. What's the point of range ban if you can't know that there is a cheater behind every of that address? Don't bother to answer because I'm not going to write anything here no more. This script can't be effective on dynamic IPs and that's it. Good luck.

@Pupak

As true that may be, you are mis-reading all of my posts.

Good thanks

Does it get bugged with an admin system?
Otherwise nice one, +REP

The idea is actually great...
but this would also take the job of admins.
And you got to admit that it makes way more fun getting hackers/cheaters banned by yourself than by a bot
Its the job of the admins to keep the server clean and if you aint got enough admins online around the clock then make some trustable players admin.

hmmmm....interesting (: