Forcing bugs

Ok, with this thread i can sound a strange person but...i'm the only one who forces a bug to happen when writing commands or functions just to see if they're written in good way? I remember someone saying "If your code is without bugs, then isn't valid".

I personally force bugs to happen when writing basic admin commands or when coding an anticheat. For anticheat, i add as example, a Ban(playerid); when checking for speedhack after 2/5 warnings (example) instead of reporting them to online admins, just to see at which number of warning it will ban.

I'm not really sure what you mean by forcing bugs to happen.

I think you mean debugging, which is good practice. From your example why would you ban the player if you can just send a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not really sure what you mean by forcing bugs to happen.

I think you mean debugging, which is good practice. From your example why would you ban the player if you can just send a message.
No, no, i don't mean debugging, but FORCING a bug to happen. (ex: forcing a command to execute in wrong way)

Yeah, I guess. You need to be able to catch every possible exception. Sometimes I even put assert() statements in code that should not - under any circumstances - be reached.