What do want to work as, or what do you work as?

What do you want to do in terms of a career and why, or what do you already do?

There is no proper reason I'm asking this, I am just curious to what people are going to say, also I reckon this could become a decent discussion thread.

Me personally, I would like to be a Paramedic, for several reasons: I get to drive an ambulance and wearing the EMT uniform, I can help people daily, the sirens, and I'd be quite proud to say "I work as a Paramedic", even if the hours and pay isn't great.

I'm an army soldier.
I joined it because I can be a cop easily after 2/3 years on service.

I would like to be a fashion designer because I love making myself and other dresses and make conceptual arts although I really want to be involved in a gaming industry but that's not that easy you know.

Another of these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiberfun
Посмотреть сообщение
Another of these...
No you've mistaken me, it's not one of those "What is your favorite..." threads.

Game Programmer/Programmer

What can I say? Garbage man it's my dream job!

I have been developing websites for the past three years. I worked at a local firm for around a year and half, but now I am in the process of building a freelance portfolio (as well as developing a fresh, new gaming community). While the learning curve was a bit steep at first, the decision to begin building websites is the greatest one I have ever made. Besides, I entered the industry at an ideal time (considering the stress on the importance of semantics).

All I can say is that the position is potentially very lucrative and the hours are great. Besides, the ability to create something unique and expressive from scratch creates a great sense of accomplishment.

I'll let you take a wild guess what I want to do...

I own a small store in my city, sells computers, consoles, tvs, games etc.. I'm trying to succeed on the management branch, if I don't I'll just continue running my store, who knows it might get bigger after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll let you take a wild guess what I want to do...
a Fed?

I wanna be a stay-at-home Daddy c:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSwissxx
Посмотреть сообщение
a Fed?
Originally, yes. I wanted to become a police officer, then a detective, then go towards a different branch of law enforcement. However, after speaking to several ICE/FBI/DEA agents, they said that being a "special agent" isn't really what it's all perked up to be. You really can't do a single thing as a law enforcement agent of one of those agencies w/o a court order, or speaking to a higher-up.

As a police officer/detective, you have a lot more freedom when it comes to what you can do. Obviously being an FBI agent has its perks, it's still more trouble than it's worth IMHO.

I'm currently working as network security engineer and from time to time as photographer for a Swiss newspaper. But I would love to work as photographer as a full time job but it's hard to live from that.

I wanna be a National Paramedic

Computer programmer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock
Посмотреть сообщение
What can I say? Garbage man it's my dream job!
High aspirations!

Game design ftw
or maybe a fed like real cop
ahahahaha garbage man!!!!

Currently finishing up my Ba Software Engineering (maybe I'll go for a Masters degree depending on the economy and wether or not I still feel motivated, we'll see if it's worth it). I'll probably end up doing something in that direction, preferably consultant or backend developer.

I want to be a mechanic. :3