Good Enough ? (High performance gaming PC discussion)

I've thought to build a very powerful gaming PC. I want all of you whose reading the topic and are interested in helping, suggesting or whatever to post your ideas, reviews and opinion.

Straight to the point.

So, What are we hauling ?

System:
  • Processor:
    • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700 Processor Series(Haswell Processors)
  • Motherboard:
    • Not yet decided!
  • Graphic Card:
    • ASUS Nvidia GTX 780 3GB or Nvidia GTX Titan 6GB
      DDR5 / DirectCU cooler / PCI-E 3.0 Bus standard / SLI and CUDA Core technology
  • SSD (Solid State Drive):
    • Samsung 840 PRO
      512GB / SATA 6
  • RAM (Random Access Memory):
    • 8GB DDR3 Memory module, 1600MHz
      Transcend / Corsair / Kingston DDR3 Memory module
  • Power Supply:
    • Cooler Master Power Supply
      Cooler Master GX 750W Power Supply
  • Cabinet:
    • Cooler Master Medium Tower Cabinets
      Elite 372 Cabinet With Single Cooling Fan
Am I missing something ?
Is there something more better than these components ? (Specially in Motherboard and cabinet. I am just sure about the GPU and other things.)

If the above things are not good to make a high performance gaming PC, suggest me something so I can really make a high-end PC.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ronaldo_raul

Better, you ask? Theres the GTX 780 which was Just released. Its around $200 more expensive but I assume money isn't an issue since you didn't mention it... The GTX 680 is an awesome card though. You won't have to upgrade for quite a while.

No SSD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
Better, you ask? Theres the GTX 780 which was Just released. Its around $200 more expensive but I assume money isn't an issue since you didn't mention it... The GTX 680 is an awesome card though. You won't have to upgrade for quite a while.
Ah! They released the 700 series. I checked the official site around a week ago. Well, I forgot to mention that money IS AN ISSUE as I am not willing to invest too much on GPU. tbh, GPU isn't every thing. You can't just buy GTX Titan while having a low-end motherboard, you got to to balance it all around. So, I think I'll jump over to 700 series if I got that much cash or I'll stay with the 680 and look forward to upgrade other components which will give me a good performance similar or close to what the 700 series ensures to give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playbox12
Посмотреть сообщение
No SSD?
I got 1 TB HDD and I am not willing to extend it as It's enough for me until now.
and Isn't HDD is far more better than SSD's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo_raul™
Посмотреть сообщение
I got 1 TB HDD and I am not willing to extend it as It's enough for me until now.
and Isn't HDD is far more better than SSD's ?
SSD's are much, much, MUCH faster than a mechanical hard drive. Trust me when I say this, installing in SSD is THE BEST upgrade you can give a computer. In the past it was always about installing RAM to improve performance. Today's equivalent is SSD's. SSD's don't have much capacity, but if you install your OS and your most used programs on it, and use the HDD for storage, it's really worth it.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Ah! They released the 700 series. I checked the official site around a week ago. Well, I forgot to mention that money IS AN ISSUE as I am not willing to invest too much on GPU. tbh, GPU isn't every thing. You can't just buy GTX Titan while having a low-end motherboard, you got to to balance it all around. So, I think I'll jump over to 700 series if I got that much cash or I'll stay with the 680 and look forward to upgrade other components which will give me a good performance similar or close to what the 700 series ensures to give.
Roger that. However it is worth nothing that if you do intense gaming, at >1080p resolutions and especially on multiple monitors, if you have them, the GPU will often be the slowest component/be a bottleneck, especially when you run shitty games like Crysis 3 which aren't optimized worth shit.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I've thought to build a very powerful gaming PC. I want all of you whose reading the topic and are interested in helping, suggesting or whatever to post your ideas, reviews and opinion.

Straight to the point.

So, What are we hauling ?

System:
  • Processor:
    • 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3700 Processor Series
      Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Desktop Processor
      (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
  • Motherboard:
    • ASUS / GIGABYTE Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard
      Support Quad-GPU SLI & Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
  • Graphic Card:
    • ASUS Nvidia GTX 680 4GB
      DDR5 / DirectCU cooler / PCI-E 3.0 Bus standard / SLI and CUDA Core technology
  • RAM (Random Access Memory):
    • 8GB DDR3 Memory module, 1600MHz
      Transcend / Corsair / Kingston DDR3 Memory module
  • Power Supply:
    • Cooler Master Power Supply
      Cooler Master GX 750W Power Supply
  • Cabinet:
    • Cooler Master Medium Tower Cabinets
      Elite 372 Cabinet With Single Cooling Fan
Am I missing something ?
Is there something more better than these components ? (Specially in Motherboard and cabinet. I am just sure about the GPU and other things.)

If the above things are not good to make a high performance gaming PC, suggest me something so I can really make a high-end PC.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ronaldo_raul
For the CPU, I would wait another 3 days for 4th generation I7's as they have a much better integrated GPU (as good as a GTX 550), and they have better handlers to improve performance on multiple programs and multitasking will be faster as well.

For the mobo, I would go for a Asus P8Z77 -V Pro if your sticking with LGA 1155, but if your going to the new platform, I would switch to the new equivalent. The mobo is around $200 and has plenty of USB3 and Sata 6.

The GPU is great and will last a while!

For RAM, I would definatly upgrade to 16 GB, its only around $40 and makes a big difference because when I'm playing games, I am constantly using more than 8 GB, although I keep alot of programs open and occasionally run VM's.

For the Case, I would invest around $150-200 for a good one, because you will be looking at it all the time! I recoment Corsair Obsidian 650D or a Azza Gensis 9000 ( I personally have one and it is a fabulous case with plenty of room and R-ATX means better GPU cooling! You can have either ATX or R-ATX. Watch some videos on it if youre interested!)

Power Supply seems good, but with that GPU, I would be worried about upgrading because if you want to do an SLI, you might have to upgrade your PSU.

Now, really get a 240-256GB SSD. They are lightning fast and are much faster than a mechanical HDD. I understand that you already have a HDD, but you will not regret getting an SSD, It takes me less than 10 seconds to boot up.

Also, maybe get a $16 CD/DVD burner?

Upgrade to 16gb, or even 24. Also go for the 12mb cache version on the I7. - Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor

Possibly upgrade the card slightly, a model higher?

Just asking, what's this build for? (Gaming, Video's and etc)..

@Riddy

Quote:

I've thought to build a very powerful gaming PC.

Also - Howmuch would this PC worth ? Just wondering.