Lag (SA:MP and single player)

I had to have my pc repaired a few weeks ago, it has had a new motherboard, that is all apparently, but SA and SA:MP keep getting these horrible lag spikes, even with minimum settings. CPU is also getting spikes. Checking it before I post this it went : 24%, 1%, 35%, 0%, 42%, 30% etc.

I downloaded some programs to help, such as comodo system cleaner, but they have not really helped at all. Also done a full scan with windows defender and AVG free edition, and found no viruses. Everything was perfectly fine before the pc went to get repaired, so that might be the problem, but the lag started only 2-3 days ago, and the pc was repaired around a month ago.

Specs:

2GB Ram
1.60ghz
Intel Celeron
Vista OS (Sorry! :P )

Help is appreciated, thank you!

Try using "Razer Game Booster" it is said that it can boost up your performence in gaming and try also downloading
Advanced system care 6 which is supposed to defrag your system for better gaming options and also has a gaming power boost which is 2 boosts on 1 computer try it mate

Try the FPS Increaser for GTA SA.
It can give a HUGE FPS boost not only for low performance PCs.

Quote:

Vista OS (Sorry! :P )

Stop right there...HOLD THE PHONE

Now you expect a developing game add-on to run without lag on a Vista OS? I run windows 7 it's still lagging tiny bit but VISTA OS man when you got it repaired you should of asked for a new OS lol