Division of Communities

Yes, another poll! I know what you are thinking, probably some thread that has already been posted before; however, I can confidently say that I don't believe I have ever seen this thread on the forums before.

Basically, I want to know your thoughts about separation of servers/communities. In other words, let me lay out a hypothetical situation.

Let's say I want to run a DM server, an RP server, and a Counter Strike: Source server. Do you believe it's a better idea to create a different community (and website) around each server (with its own forums, own admins, etc.) or to mash them all together into one domain and add "gaming" onto the end of it?

Personally I'm torn. If I really like playing on a server, I would prefer if it was its own community all together so I'm not stuck posting with people who don't play that server. It allows for a more "intimate" community. Besides, we all know that certain servers in each community overshadow others. On the other hand, I feel as though a single, large community is more organized. Also, I believe it would be much easier to populate each server if you are introducing them to an established community.

I guess to help defend my point of separate communities (because I'm now leaning that way after writing the last paragraph), NGG is a great example. NGG has an incredibly large community, yet every server they add to their community is a complete flop. Really, take a look for yourself:

These games are more than capable of holding populated servers, but I'm afraid that in the NGG community, the RP server simply overshadows them. I don't want that to happen.

Clarification

If you believe the communities should be separate but all under one domain (as suggested on this thread), that still classifies as separate and you should vote accordingly. If you believe all of the gameservers should share a single forum, you should vote single.

Which do you prefer? Make sure to vote up top and leave comments!

If they were going to be related, like have the same theme so like Terror RP and TDM etc, then I say go for the all one name, but if they are different types, like a zombie RP, Terrorist TDM then I would say different names, but link them all together with page links etc.

Here's an idea:

www.websitename.com - This is the main website, it is a kind of splash page. It contains links to the other seperate forums, maybe has some general text about the whole community, links to the ********/*******/******* page, and perhaps a little chatbox at the bottom or something, it could also be a place for community announcements.

www.samprp.websitename.com - This is a sub-domain for the SA:MP RP server, which would just be the forums for that specific server.

www.sampdm.websitename.com - Same as above, but for the SA:MP DM server.

www.counterstrike.websitename.com - Exactly same as the previous two, but this is the sub-domain for the Counter Strike server.

So, my point is, just make one main domain and split each sub-community/server into sub-domains. Simple.