Language Category

We can currently sort our servers by Hostname, Players, Pings, Modes, and Maps, but how about a 6th category entitled "languages"? I'm tired as fuck of having all the Russian servers on top, sometimes I wish I could speak Russian, but that's not the point.
I wish to see only English servers on there , so how about a 6th category entitled Language, and maybe even a filter box where you could type in your language so that it could filter all the others out.
A good idea for 0.4a, don't you think?
Oh and please bring the official tab or something of the like back.

This will be a really nice plan. How I wish 0.4a will be like this..

What about multi language servers?
And how does the SA-MP client figure out what the official language on a server is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
And what about multi language servers?
And how does the SA-MP client figure out what the official language on a server is?

I don't really see a future in this idea.
English is the nationwide language so it could be used by multi language servers. For detecting different languages, developers could put first two letters, for example: en (stands for english) into server config.

You should be able to type in the language in your server.cfg (en, ru, fr, ar, es, etc...)

Yeah I'd love to see some changes in the actual client in 0.4a, it seems somewhat outdated. With this language suggestion, there could be a line in server.cfg for you to set the language, this setting should be mandatory for the server to run.

This would be nice, but I don't think it would work because of multi-language servers and also because of people who would claim that their server is English-speaking, to get more advertisement when people search for EN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
Посмотреть сообщение
This would be nice, but I don't think it would work because of multi-language servers and also because of people who would claim that their server is English-speaking, to get more advertisement when people search for EN.
That doesn't make sense, why would you advertise something to the wrong audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn707
Посмотреть сообщение
That doesn't make sense, why would you advertise something to the wrong audience.
Everybody would do anything to get more players. Also.. I wish there will be a new search box(?). It's pretty useful. Like;
Mode:
[_________]

Map:
[_________]

Ping that is lower than:
[_________]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
What about multi language servers?
I'm sure most servers have things like [ENG] or whatever, but you're right - it would be difficult to make something like that.