To all aspiring RP server scripters:

PLEASE, for the love of SA:MP, DO NOT SET YOUR RP SERVERS IN LOS SANTOS!
We already have enough LS roleplay servers as it is, and if you didn't notice yet, another server set there will do nothing but fail. What's so bad about San Fierro or Las Venturas? Hell! What's so bad about the littler towns?! Fort Carson includes every single building an RP needs and it provides the small desert environment (before you come in and talk about that FC / BC server in the hosted tab, that's not FC anymore. They modified the map so much it became shitty high rise fort carson roleplay.)
Los Santos looks dull and whenever I see a server with a nice script (which is extremely rare) located in there, I want to cry my balls out. It's become pathetic how the two other big towns are so ignored.

Also, when you script your server, try to Make Sure Not All Your Messages Are Typed Like This, Please.

Las Venturas would be really crappy to RP in. Every single person would have to be some rich prick in order to make the RP seem legit seeing as how it's supposed to portray Las Vegas (right?). San Fierro is nice, but for some reason people just don't like it very much. I like San Fierro a lot, but you have to go where the players go.

Angel Pine is too freaking small. You get a server with 10-20 players online and Angel Pine becomes a clusterfuck. Who would want to RP in the desert..? And the other cities are really shitty.

You have to take in the big picture. You need a big city where the gangsters can take over their "territories" and stuff like that. Los Santos is not really an overrun city. If you get rid of the 9,999 crap servers that have been put up you're left with 5 good servers in Los Santos. Los Santos truly is the better city for RP, believe me.

I wish everyone who lived in Las Vegas was a "rich prick." The problem with Las Venturas, and to nobodies fault besides tourism advertising, is that everyone makes these assumptions about the city. In reality, Las Vegas is like any other city in the world until you hit the strip. I live about ten minutes from the strip and it's far from the glamour you would expect.

On topic, there also aren't nearly enough suburbs in Las Venturas. The strip is really the central point, which is not even a shade of true reality. If someone could expand the city out into the desert with mapping, I suppose it could make for a great roleplay setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Las Venturas would be really crappy to RP in. Every single person would have to be some rich prick in order to make the RP seem legit seeing as how it's supposed to portray Las Vegas (right?). San Fierro is nice, but for some reason people just don't like it very much. I like San Fierro a lot, but you have to go where the players go.

Angel Pine is too freaking small. You get a server with 10-20 players online and Angel Pine becomes a clusterfuck. Who would want to RP in the desert..? And the other cities are really shitty.

You have to take in the big picture. You need a big city where the gangsters can take over their "territories" and stuff like that. Los Santos is not really an overrun city. If you get rid of the 9,999 crap servers that have been put up you're left with 5 good servers in Los Santos. Los Santos truly is the better city for RP, believe me.
Nope, I already tried an LV server (iRoleplay, god it was amazing!) and it had perfect balance, it also included some parts of the desert (Hunter Quarry) for mini jobs. Not everyone was rich, actually, not even 10% of the community was rich (unlike some servers). You simply have to look in the western parts, where the poor neighborhoods are at.
Las Vegas is far from being a rich prick town, believe me.

San Fierro is indeed nice but no one has taken the initiative of making a nice script there. San Fierro is as dull as LS is, therefore you have to add quite a few objects around. It's also very dark and can appear empty at some points and SAMP has yet to find a fix to that (other than timecyc and color mods etc).

Angel Pine is pretty small indeed, but you have failed to count in Angel Pine, Chilliad, and the neighboring houses. With the right amount of mapping and dedication, it would look great even with 100 players!

Who would want to RP in the desert? Fuck.... I would love to RP in the desert, but it looks like whoever makes a server there is either having an edit from a 0.2x/0.3a server or maps in buildings that would look like skyscrapers in real life.

It's about using your imagination. Imagination is what makes the great servers. Los Santos is just a mess for SAMP right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvGamers
Посмотреть сообщение
I wish everyone who lived in Las Vegas was a "rich prick." The problem with Las Venturas, and to nobodies fault besides tourism advertising, is that everyone makes these assumptions about the city. In reality, Las Vegas is like any other city in the world until you hit the strip. I live about ten minutes from the strip and it's far from the glamour you would expect.

On topic, there also aren't nearly enough suburbs in Las Venturas. The strip is really the central point, which is not even a shade of true reality. If someone could expand the city out into the desert with mapping, I suppose it could make for a great roleplay setting.
You get quite a few nice spots on the western side, the places right south of Julius Thruway North, south sides, and you could even try and put Octane Springs in the picture.
I was in a server where the some of the southern portion was mapped to look like a gang area and it truly worked great.

People just have to think outside the box.

LV isn't best idea, since it should be 24/7 alive city, which isn't possible on normal RP servers, San Fierro is kind of weird if you ask me, I'd prefer SF for apocalypse role play and such.
Those small towns you mentioned are total bullshit to rp, bayside is probably best which still sucks, too small for people to role play. Imagine gangs, mafiosos and PD officers living next to each other, kinda sucks.
So I prefer LS since it includes all type of places for different type of players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toXioneer
Посмотреть сообщение
LV isn't best idea, since it should be 24/7 alive city, which isn't possible on normal RP servers, San Fierro is kind of weird if you ask me, I'd prefer SF for apocalypse role play and such.
Those small towns you mentioned are total bullshit to rp, bayside is probably best which still sucks, too small for people to role play. Imagine gangs, mafiosos and PD officers living next to each other, kinda sucks.
So I prefer LS since it includes all type of places for different type of players.
LS is supposed to be as alive as LV because IRL LA is as much as a party city as Vegas.
Also, my message to the RP server scripters is clear: If I want to play in LS, I already have 3 good choices to choose from and your server will basically be dead to me (and to probably a bunch of other rpers).

Just read this, i'm gonna make a GM based in both LV and SF all from scratch. I'm going to actually spend time on this project If any experienced people wanna help shoot me a PM

I agree with the fact that LS is too overused at the moment with servers, but that doesn't change the fact that people still prefer a server to be based there, I guess that's just due to the fact that LS has perfect locations for basically every type of roleplay. I used to play on a 30 player server based in Fort Carson and the surrounding little towns (can't remember their names) and it was great.

or make custom mapping islands witch will be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticKiller
Посмотреть сообщение
or make custom mapping islands witch will be fun
Naa, I've never really liked them. I suppose if the mapping was done perfect and realistic then it would be okay, and the server had a good object streamer in.