A new gamemode idea.

So I thought of a gamemode to make, I'll give you a brief of the objective and maybe give me some feedback?

So there is 2 teams.
1) The Guards
2) The "Assassins"
-----------------------------
The assassins start on one side of the map and the Guards patrol around the map(anyone can submit these). The assassins only have a knife and can acquire weapons from the guards they assassin.
However, The assassins have to do it discreetly or the Guards can call backup over their radio.(Maybe only one assassin, depending on the players).
If they are not spotted, they have to grab the intel on the other side of the map where the guards base is..
(Guards are only aloud to walk and not run around the map looking for the assassin as they don't know he's there.)
Guards are either aloud to stand in one spot or pace into one position and back to their previous position.

If an Assassins eliminates one of the guards and picks up their weapon, they can have a shootout, but the likely hood is the assassin would need to take as many out discreetly as possible.

What do you think?

good idea.
Hope Your GM [Server]
Will come true

Quote:

Guards are only aloud to walk and not run around the map looking for the assassin as they don't know he's there.

I think you should not let the guards see the assassins on the mini-map. Also, why aren't guards allowed to run? People will do it anyways, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXIT
Посмотреть сообщение
I think you should not let the guards see the assassins on the mini-map. Also, why aren't guards allowed to run? People will do it anyways, trust me.
The minimap, yes.
If guards run the assassins will get caught too quickly and have nothing to defend themselves with.

Interesting idea, good luck!

I really like this idea.
And maybe you can make some objectives for both parties as well so they can level up their character and maybe the assassins get a katana when they spawn instead of a knife and so on.
I would not make the map too big thought so they have to walk around for 30 minutes before they finally find someone, but that is just my opinion but overall good idea!

The only way I see this working is with some custom mapping and adding a LOT of vegetation and objects where the guards are patrolling to allow assassins to move from cover to cover. Sounds like a very unique idea.

Good luck making SAMP players walk/stay immobile for more than 10 seconds.
Also sounds like an advanced zombie TDM with the names changed and the death system (taking a dead persons gun) slightly improved.

Otherwise, it'd be great if this could be implemented so we could get rid of all the boring zombie tdms in badly mapped "spooky" places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69
Посмотреть сообщение
Good luck making SAMP players walk/stay immobile for more than 10 seconds.
Also sounds like an advanced zombie TDM with the names changed and the death system (taking a dead persons gun) slightly improved.

Otherwise, it'd be great if this could be implemented so we could get rid of all the boring zombie tdms in badly mapped "spooky" places.
I would hardly call it a zombie TDM. This gamemode (as the OP describes it) appears to value stealth over brute force. Stealth gamemodes (in other games) can be a lot of fun, and with the abilities to implement your ideas in scripting I don't see why this gamemode wouldn't be a success.

There needs to be some objective for the assassins. The way I'm imagining this gamemode right now is the mayor's house near LS international. The assassins would have to infiltrate security and reach the door of the home, upon which point they would need to make their way up to the top floor and recover a laptop, or something of the sorts. They could use the guns they acquired on their way to the door to start a firefight inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvGamers
Посмотреть сообщение
I would hardly call it a zombie TDM. This gamemode (as the OP describes it) appears to value stealth over brute force. Stealth gamemodes (in other games) can be a lot of fun, and with the abilities to implement your ideas in scripting I don't see why this gamemode wouldn't be a success.
Sorry but I can hardly see SAMP players hiding/walking/using their minds. It's not even possible in RP servers where realism is supposed to reign, why would it be possible in here?