Im New in scripting and I would like to clear something out. When you guys start doing a gamemode from scratch or a filterscript do u guys delete everything when you press new?or u start with all those stuff that the "new" includes.

What i Mean is if you start with a empty sheet or leave the things there are there by default.

Im asking this because when I try to compile simple stuff it will give me an error but its not about the stuff I edited its because something written there is empty.

Btw when you compile and get an Error for example error 249 the "249" is the line where the error is stated or?...

When you press button "new" you don't have to delete enything except filescript section but make sure that you close all brackets properly.

There is alot of diffrent sections like

OnPlayerDisconnect

If you want that somethig happens when player disconnects like player stats saves, then you have to put your script under OnPlayerDisconnect because mostly all stats are saving when player is quitting game.

P.S There is alot of tutorials about scripting for beginers.

If you're new to scripting, you shouldn't be attempting to make your own gamemode from scratch.
Browse the SA:MP wiki and try to edit minor scripts until you get the hang of scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiniteSurvival
Посмотреть сообщение
If you're new to scripting, you shouldn't be attempting to make your own gamemode from scratch.
Browse the SA:MP wiki and try to edit minor scripts until you get the hang of scripting.
Wrong.

That's the best way to learn, by pushing yourself into the coding mechanisms.

I always start with a blank document. Depending on the script you are making, you may not always use all of the callbacks SA-MP has to offer (I know I don't). There's really no harm in leaving all of the callbacks in your document, but I personally find it easier to navigate a script without pointless code in it.

If you aren't familiar with the callbacks yet but you want to delete them, you can do so and then use the SA-MP wiki to view all of the available callbacks and add them as needed.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=92
this was made for you