[FilterScript] Random Race Generator (RouteConnector Contest) --- Create randomized races dynamically!

Quote:

C:\Users\M1935\Desktop\ROLEPLAY 2013\XFPE\filterscripts\RandomRaceGenerator.pwn(19 1) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "RouteConnector"

when i compile on my gm, i got this error

Make sure you have the RouteConnector plugin correctly installed.

I cannot start a new race either. The plugin loads correctly. I type /joinrace, the map shows, but idk how to select the spot on the map, because clicking won't do anything. i select create, and i enter the maximumdistance. nothing happens. it seems I am in a race, but I have no checkpoints to go through

Nice one! As the RouteConnector Plugin was released, I did something very similary, but did not release this yet.
Good work, I like the "Slots" system.

But I have one suggestion - Add "Private Races" and "Public Races".

Private Races:
The Race Creator can invite people to the race (example: 3 Friends want a race without others), no one else can join this race. These dont even have to be listed then.

Public Races:
Everyone can join this race.

I think this is good for full servers, so you can play with your friends only.

Good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
I cannot start a new race either. The plugin loads correctly. I type /joinrace, the map shows, but idk how to select the spot on the map, because clicking won't do anything. i select create, and i enter the maximumdistance. nothing happens. it seems I am in a race, but I have no checkpoints to go through
I've noticed a few bugs, yes. One of them is that if you start a race in the first slot, it won't start. I'm working on it. You can't select a spot on the map, it randomly creates a race from the point where you currently are. (Or at least the closest road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
But I have one suggestion - Add "Private Races" and "Public Races".
Great suggestion! I'm writing this down. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_cool
Посмотреть сообщение
Good job
Thanks!

OK thank you very much for your reply, and I'll be waiting for the fix. Good job on the script, keep up the good work!!

Super FS 9/10 GooD Man JoB Keep It Up!

Awesome filterscript mate :P good job +1 rep

Any news about the update? My body...I mean server is ready for it .

Haha, as if you were reading my mind. After a few busy months, I worked on it again today to fix some of the last problems and did a small stress test.

The stress test: a race of almost 10 million meters, which is like 25% of the equatorial circumference of the earth. I tried to test the 100% (40 million meters), but I guess the plugin or script didn't like it as it started to return false information (and locking the script, resetting the race). The 10 million meters created an AMX file of 26 MB, while the 40 million meters created an AMX file of 290 MB. The latter one also took 15 minutes to compile on my (what I consider) pretty decent PC. Pawncc complained about the file being too big for compressing as well.

In the end; no, I didn't race the route. Oh and some of the new features might be in the screenshot. :3

Edit: of course in the final version, you cannot create such ridiculous races unless you adjust the limits yourself and recompile.

You are awsome ! Thanks for your script !

So what are the changes?

I haven't released that update (1.2) yet. I will do a soon as possible. Most notable features are private races, send/receive invites, command overhaul, include support (to create custom versions of RRG) and lots of bug fixes. The total length of the changelog is twice as long as version 1.1.

ok thank you! looking forward to it.

Awesome.

Great job, Basssiiie

(It's vice, lol)

wow gratz nice work

still no update?

Great race system ! ! !