Gates moving - mapping?

Hello everyone!

Yeah I'm currently working on a mapping project and I'm going to add prison jails and stuff there and I'm wondering how I can make gates that are moving with just writing a command such as /gateopen? Anyone?

This May Help You
Hope you understand ) Good Luck! If you have some problems post it here

I'd go for a keypress instead of commands it's pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Magaсa
Посмотреть сообщение
This May Help You
Hope you understand ) Good Luck! If you have some problems post it here
I tried it, nothing happend. The command didn't work and I compiled it and it worked smoothly, no warnings nothing, so yeah not sure honestly.

That tutorial is not a very good idea actually it will work but the problem is every time you want to add a new gate you need to add quite a bit of code your better off scripting a dynamic gate system so it will take only one line of code every time you want to add a new gate. You can indeed avoid using range checking all together by using Incognito's streamer and areas this also doubles by eliminating the need to do any checks if your not in a valid door area.

Try out moving

It doesn't come under mapping but scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkLorD
Посмотреть сообщение
It doesn't come under mapping but scripting.
I disagree with that statement in a way since gates are part of a maps functionality yes it is a scripting but still an integral part of the map therefore it falls under both categories.