Suggestion For 'People Looking For Scripters/Helpers'

I just took a look at the allocated thread for 'Looking For Scripters/Helpers.'

Located here:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...25#post2526825

This is what I thought:

It's spammed, untidy and overall, it's poorly kept. Not to say it's anyone's fault, but I think that this system should be revised. Take a look for yourself.

View the last 5 pages for example:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...25#post2526825

forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=345747&page=278

forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=345747&page=277

forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=345747&page=276

forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=345747&page=275

A few things I noticed was spamming, unnecessary replies, unforgiveable grammar mistakes and poor presentation. It seems really messy, and I thought that no matter how well you present yourself, your post is lost in a massive pool of mess and anarchy. In general, it doesn't seem to me at all suitable to be presenting yourself to help out with a server or asking for help likwise.

In my pondering, I thought that there should be a section seperate for this made separate; the same as the adverts section, where people need 5 rep points in order to post, and maybe 50 posts, with one request per month. This would reduce spam, scammers and poorly structured threads/posts. This in effect would provide far greater benefits for all; Cleanliness. more publicity for people looking for help and also more depth for those looking for a legitimate role in helping a more legitimate community or single person.

I hope that my idea/suggestion is considered for change in this aspect of the forum.

Since this is a forum, feel free to add your opinions to the thread!

Fred.

Quite clever, I'd prefer that as a sub-section rather than a section of its own.

so true..some people are just putting their scripting questions here. Some change would be good

Disagreed, most of the people here registered just to ask questions, what's the point of registering if you need to be active like a week, get 5 reps, 50 posts and then get your question asked? But still, you should implement something like this; you can only post in that section twice a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanZ
View Post
Disagreed, most of the people here registered just to ask questions, what's the point of registering if you need to be active like a week, get 5 reps, 50 posts and then get your question asked? But still, you should implement something like this; you can only post in that section twice a week.
Well, in that situation, you can still read threads that are offering jobs. It just means you won't be able to post your own threads regarding the matter. I think you're missing the point though. Why should people be allowed to use this forum as a hub without actually contributing to it in a positive way first?

If at all, this is even considered by the moderators, here's my opinion:

A sub section would save time for us, ignoring any topics made in that sub section, but I would impose a restriction in the section of some kind - probably some reputation or posts! It's debatable, but it's my opinion, I frankly do not need to see any and every guy not ready (but willing!) to create a server just registering and creating a topic there!

i dont like the suggestion either ,you need to help 5 guys to get helps that isnt fair i dont wana say that current thing is working but it would work after adding things like a format to post cant post again within a week delet the post after receving help etc and it would work
and the truth about that section is it dosent matter how bad or good you write if you say you will pay you would surely get reply

I've been working on a website for this purpose, similar to Freelancer. People will be able to create portfolios of their work to show off. You will be able to create advertisements to find people to help you with whatever you need (scripting, admins, whatever) and you will also be able to create advertisements if you are looking for work.

It is something that has been in development for a while but I have not had a lot of time to work on it. My classes finish in two weeks, so after that I'll be able to focus on it.

I believe that it is necessary and will be used, as the SA-MP forum does not cater to these situations, apart from in one messy thread (that the OP linked to), so it will not be taking any users away from the SA-MP forum or anything like that.

I suppose that it will be pretty redundant if a new forum section is added here, but I don't see that happening any time soon so we'll see!

NOTE: I have permission from the SA-MP team to do it.

That ends the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
That ends the topic.
Why? Other people are surely allowed to discuss this. I'd said that anyone's opinions are useful and so far there have been a lot of tweaks to my former post regarding the problem. Nothing has been achieved yet, so why would we end the discussion?

In addition, I hope at least one Moderator will respond to address the issue, which let's face it, is present. Also, anyone else should feel free to add extra input because I'm sure there are more people here that think this is an issue worth investing a solution in.

Fred.

I'm still for this suggestion...

I am with this suggestion, like it.

This deserves a big bump, why hasn't it been implemented already?