zcmd, strcmp and dcmd.

Hello, could someone explain me how would these 3 command processors perform on 100 player base.
Lets say, its a normal day, they are roleplaying and such..

I will use ZCMD because its using less resources of all 3 and it got nice functions.

I started with ZCMD and I'll always use ZCMD.. I don't know about the others tho.

DCMD is pretty much just a easy way to use strcmp. strcmp is quite inefficient, especially when you want to check for params as well. ZCMD is by far the most efficient out of those three and the easiest as well. I would suggest ZCMD or something similar.

Just don't use YCMD caz it uses a lot of resources. Since you got 100+ players it will lag as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by feartonyb
Посмотреть сообщение
Just don't use YCMD caz it uses a lot of resources. Since you got 100+ players it will lag as hell
I dunno if it uses too much resources, but i'll tell you the con's and pro's of each -

STRCMP - pure bullshit, no advantages
ZCMD - fast, easy to use, GREAT if you're a simple scripter
YCMD - preferably, I'd use this with a GM which uses YSI library, as the extra features this provides work only with YSI library. But, it's sort of complicated, and yes, I guess it DOES use extra resources.

YCMD is proven to be faster than ZCMD after a certain amount of commands in your script. If you're making a big script, you should definitely use YCMD.

I use just ZCMD, i find it is the best command processor.

If your script contains more than 100 commands, use y_commands. If it has less than 100 commands, use ZCMD. The other two really aren't in the discussion, although using DCMD is still ten times better than strcmp. This is speaking strictly performance wise. I still prefer y_commands anyways for its inline permission/help system. It may take a little longer to understand at first, but you'll thank me in the long run.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=169029