[Include] JakCP - Checkpoint Streamer [Stream more than 1 checkpoint!]

JakCP
Checkpoint Streamer
[Stream more than 1 checkpoint]

Introduction

We all know that Incognito Streamer is the most used streamer around here.
But, Please people this is my first try so don't tell me "There is already streamer, Incognito Streamer"

Information:

You can create 50 checkpoints (config MAX_CP inside .inc to make it higher). It changes the checkpoint limit.
From 1 to MAX_CP (default is 50).

The more higher is MAX_CP is. The more longer time to take compile in the script that uses jakcp.inc.
So i suggest use only 100 up to 50. Not 1000!

If there is checkpoint nearby on your created checkpoint it will disappear since the nearby checkpoint needs to be loaded. In order to fix this. You just go to the checkpoint's range.

The half of the include is by [HiC]TheKiller's tutorial and most of it is scripted by me.

Callbacks

OnPlayerEnterCP - now supports with checkpointid - only once called when player enter on it. To make the checkpoint called again leave the CP and enter on it again.
OnPlayerLeaveCP - now supports with checkpointid - only once called when player enter on it. To make the checkpoint called again leave the CP and enter on it again.

OnPlayerCheckpointStreamIn - only once called when there is any checkpoint streamed in
OnPlayerCheckpointStreamOut - only once called when there is any checkpoint streamed out

Native

native CreatePlayerCheckpoint(playerid = -1, Float:cp_x, Float:cp_y, Float:cp_z, Float:cp_size, Float:cp_distance = 50.0);

Code:
- Creates a checkpoint like SetPlayerCheckpoint but with extended new 1 parameter!
playerid = the player who will see the checkpoint. -1 for all.
cp_x = x coordinates
cp_y = y coordinates
cp_z = z coordinates
cp_size = size of checkpoint
distance = distance where checkpoint can be seen

returns the checkpointid
native IsValidCheckpoint(checkpointid);

Code:
- Checks if the checkpointid inputted existed
checkpointid - the checkpointid to check if it exist

returns 1;
native GetTotalCP();

Code:
Counts all checkpoints.

returns checkpoints (Total CP)
native DeleteCheckpoint(checkpointid);

Code:
Deletes a checkpoint. Can be reshow again by doing ShowCP
- checkpointid the checkpoint to hide or delete

returns 1;
native TogglePlayerCheckpoint(playerid, checkpointid, toggle);

Code:
Toggles the player checkpoint
- checkpointid to toggle

returns 1;
native IsPlayerNearCheckpoint(playerid, checkpointid);

Code:
- Checks if the inputted checkpointid is near to player
checkpointid to check

returns base if checkpointid is near.
native IsPlayerNearAnyCP(playerid);

Code:
- Checks if there is any checkpointid near to player

returns base if there is any checkpoint near in playerid
native GetPlayerCP(playerid);

Code:
- Gets the current checkpoint that player has streamed in
native ShowCP(cpid);

Code:
- Shows the hide checkpoint. Cannot called once in already shown checkpoint
cpid - the checkpointid that will be shown
Limits: 50 can be changed inside the include.

Downloadlink

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/9fdd7e295b/

where is source?

There's no point in releasing a script to compete with a well-working and popular plugin - it's simply never going to be better, or even close.

Whats the point in posting a thread of a Include prefix with no source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
There's no point in releasing a script to compete with a well-working and popular plugin - it's simply never going to be better, or even close.
I, personally, ALWAYS prefer include's over plugin's. The only plugin I've ever worked with is sscanf, and if there was an include-only version of sscanf available, I'd have never used the plugin.

It's not going to be better, but it's a not-equally efficient alternative!

btw, download link? o_O

He just forgot to post the download link, wait for him to reply here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativityLacker
View Post
I, personally, ALWAYS prefer include's over plugin's. The only plugin I've ever worked with is sscanf, and if there was an include-only version of sscanf available, I'd have never used the plugin.

It's not going to be better, but it's a not-equally efficient alternative!

btw, download link? o_O
What's your issue with plugins? That's like saying you prefer using a fork to eat soup. It still works - it's just not as good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
What's your issue with plugins? That's like saying you prefer using a fork to eat soup. It still works - it's just not as good.
I don't like to set them up, it's a long procedure to set them up on my VPS, which can be Windows or Linux, causing me a pain in the butt.

And also, I like to know the kind of code I'm using. All the include's I use in my script's are either made by me or I've read their code, which is exactly why I use them. Plugins are just not my thing.

And no, you can still do the SAME thing as you do with plugins in includes, but it may or may not be equally efficient.

And I like to drink my soup directly from the bowl which I treat like a glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
View Post
At least i'm trying...

Quote:
View Post
I don't like to set them up, it's a long procedure to set them up on my VPS, which can be Windows or Linux
A long procedure? All you have to do is upload the file via FTP..

Quote:
View Post
And also, I like to know the kind of code I'm using. All the include's I use in my script's are either made by me or I've read their code, which is exactly why I use them.
So you've seen the SA-MP source? You use SA-MP native functions without seeing their code. That's a silly excuse.

Quote:
View Post
And no, you can still do the SAME thing as you do with plugins in includes, but it may or may not be equally efficient.
Can you dynamically allocate memory in pawn? No (apart from perhaps y_malloc).
Can you give variables types in pawn? No.
Can you have unsigned vars in pawn? No.
Is pawn slower? Yes.
Do plugins have more control over things? Yes. A lot.
Plugins have more control over files, the console, memory, and a load of other stuff.

Summary: A lot of things can be done in plugins which can't be done in includes, and plugins are a lot faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jake_
View Post
At least i'm trying...
What does that have to do with it..? Yes, well done, you're learning. Making a streamer isn't the easier thing so hurray, you made it. It's not really worth releasing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
A long procedure? All you have to do is upload the file via FTP..

So you've seen the SA-MP source? You use SA-MP native functions without seeing their code. That's a silly excuse.

Can you dynamically allocate memory in pawn? No (apart from perhaps y_malloc).
Can you give variables types in pawn? No.
Can you have unsigned vars in pawn? No.
Is pawn slower? Yes.
Do plugins have more control over things? Yes. A lot.
Plugins have more control over files, the console, memory, and a load of other stuff.

Summary: A lot of things can be done in plugins which can't be done in includes, and plugins are a lot faster.

What does that have to do with it..? Yes, well done, you're learning. Making a streamer isn't the easier thing so hurray, you made it. It's not really worth releasing though.
If you have nothing useful to say, you can go fuck yourself in a corner of your room rather than posting demotivating stuff.

I'll release a filterscript which adds nitro to my car, will you climb on top of my stomach and do gangnam style because of that? no, you'll stfu and if you have something good to say then leave a good comment, else GTFO.

That's not a silly excuse. I don't UNDERSTAND how plugin'd functions work, I do understand how SA-MP natives work, and the ones I don't understand are the ones that I don't use.

You can use plugin's, I'll stick to includes until I start understanding plugins, kthxbye.

I for one applaud the OP as its never easy to release something on here for this very reason. People seem to think that because there's a competitor with more singing and dancing that you shouldn't even try. I can't think of anything else that will faster stagnate the already dwindling list of people who are posting new code.

And before anyone jumps on me I'd just like to point out that I'm not flaming anyone. I just don't see the point in the negative and quite frankly nonconstructive comments that come out of peoples overlarge mouths on this forum (Me included lol). Then again this is the internet...

I like this include despite the fact that incognito has his plugin. not knocking incognito at all but it is a bit of setup. I do use the odd plugin but i guess it just seems untidy in my head for some reason haha. Also I'd just like to point out (and i might be a little wrong here) but I'm pretty sure I was the first person ever to script a streamer into anything here. long before plugins were even around INC's and built in streamers were a BIG THING. I was told by numerous people 8-9 years back that it couldnt be done and to be honest i did it just to spite them. but it spawned an inc package that eventually created the first all in one streamer include. without that, incognito probs wouldn't have even bothered to try to better it (and he kicked it's ass I might add lol).

What I'm getting at is that posting a script here isn't about one-upping someone, it's more about learning and developing. If ur here to consistently give negative feedback then I'd put it to ya that ur a pretty sad individual and I think we sometimes lose sight of that... ALL OF US. So please gentlemen (and ladies - although a female on an online forum is pretty rare i guess these days) lets not hammer this guy into the ground just because he was proud of his work and wanted to show it off.

I for one thank you for posting it and would tell you to keep it up man. Don't listen to the haters lol.

Good work.